Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine weeks 25-27/2022 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 13th July (17-19.00 EET) Hyötypelien tulevaisuus hyvinvointialueilla / Pori (SuomiAreena)
- 15th July Tampere Game Dev Summer Party – couple of tickets left!
- 24-28th Aug 2022 Gamescom 2022 / Cologne
- 7th September OVER 7 HILLS – Game Day by HIVE at The HIVE – Turku Game Hub
- call for speakers and teams to join Showroom
- 26th September IGDA Leadership Day 2022 / Helsinki. Call for speakers now.
- 27-28 Sept. Pocket Gamer Connects Helsinki
- 13-14th October W Love Games
- tickets for conference are available
- 1-30th November Free City of Games / Kouvola.
- Idea call/applying until 1st of October.
- Big success to Kajaani Game Industry: Kitka Games makes around 10M euros revenue per month (Talouselämä article in Finnish)
- W Love Games has been registered as a non-profit organisation – with a goal to expand our mission of empowering next generation of game developers around the globe by directly contributing in creating more diverse, inclusive and safe environment within the games industry.
- Platonic Partnership announced their next game – Voltage High Society (coming soon to Steam Early Access).
- Dreamloop Games announced their next game – Inescapable (for PS5, PS4, Xbox Series, Xbox One, Switch and PC).
- Gnomecraft announced their upcoming game – Snow War (for PC).
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- SciPlay is looking for UX Designer.
- Critical Force is looking for Backend Developer to Proto Team.
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.com. Additionally, here is an anonymous list of talents who joined our Games Job Fair event and are open to career opportunities. If you want to see someone’s full profile, please feel free to reach out with the Contact button, so that they reach out to the talent for their consent. In your email please specify the project and/or position you are hiring for. A job description would be ideal.
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Uratarinoita, erilaisista ihmisistä / mostly in Finnish, but few different career stories in English too
- Digidemo application period started 2.5. and ends 5.8. More info (in Finnish)
- WINGS Invests in indie games made by women and diverse teams. Their investment decisions are driven by a selection committee of outstanding game developers that are representative of the strength and diversity of the industry.
- New EU funding possibilities for gamedevs and their supporting organisations
- Talouselämä published and article about Finnish Game Industry turnover (article behind the pay wall, and in Finnish). Neogames estimates that 2021 is record breaking to Finnish Game Industry, and we are able to reach 3 billion euro milestone in turnover.
- Games Factory Talents has 3D Art Challenge on their Discord during this summer.
- GameLab KBTU is looking for guest lecturers for 4-day gamedev intensive training organised for beginners developers. Training takes place August 16-19 in Almaty, Kazakhstan.
- Join the PUBG match between Finland and Korea – part of Summer Assembly programme!
- Big Ear Games celebrated #makemusicday with 30 days free premium trial (redeem link available until the end of August).
- Arcade5 is asking for help – page stolen by a fraud.
- Another update to Virtual Hunter.
- Good News from Finland collected together impacts of 300 Finnish startups.
- There is a new art outsource studio on the scene – Kick Motion RT. They know 2D, 3D, animation and VFX. Check example of city build here.
- Pekka Aakko dreamed about flying – and now he can (article behind the pay wall, and in Finnish)
- Marketing tips for Indie Devs (by Jordan Morris, interviewed by GameDev Estonia)
- Karim Alian is looking for employment tips.
- Kayo Games video demo of Fligh Simulator.
- Game on Now Africa 2021 transcript available now.
- GameDev Estonia organised Estonian GameDev Summer Summit this June.
- UWA is looking for conference topics.
- Ville Vuorela wrote something else than game design specs.