Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine weeks 28-30/2022 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 6th August PUBG match online between Finland and Korea! Hosted by the Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Finland – 주핀란드 대한민국대사관 Register: Visit the official Discord server: https://discord.gg/JKMMaeXwfj
- 12th August Gamedev recruitment & networking event. Games Factory Talents brings you a networking event dedicated to the employees of Seriously Digital Entertainment, Helsinki
- 17th August; Team Finland USA Games Industry Gathering by Team Finland. Ping Zsuzsa James for the password
- 24-28th Aug 2022 Gamescom 2022 / Cologne
- 7th September OVER 7 HILLS – Game Day by HIVE at The HIVE – Turku Game Hub: Call for speakers and teams to join Showroom
- 26th September IGDA Leadership Day 2022 / Helsinki. Call for speakers now.
- 27-28 Sept. Pocket Gamer Connects Helsinki: Get 20% off your tickets when you use code: PlayFinland20
- 13-14th October W Love Games: tickets for conference are available
- 1-30th November Free City of Games / Kouvola: Idea call/applying until 1st of October.
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- BIT ODD is out of the shadows and there are still couple of seats to fill in our office. One is reserved for a super talented 3D Artist and another for a senior Client Programmer. If you are the passionate one that we have been looking for drop us an email to email@example.comMore info from www.bit-odd.com
- If you as an indie developer need a narrative script, Tatu Jauhiainen is hobbyist writer and can also write games, still for own fun. If you are interested Tatu can show my productions
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.com. Additionally, here is an anonymous list of talents who joined our Games Job Fair event and are open to career opportunities. If you want to see someone’s full profile, please feel free to reach out with the Contact button, so that they reach out to the talent for their consent. In your email please specify the project and/or position you are hiring for. A job description would be ideal.
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Uratarinoita, erilaisista ihmisistä / mostly in Finnish, but few different career stories in English too
- Digidemo application period started 2.5. and ends 5.8. More info (in Finnish)
- WINGS Invests in indie games made by women and diverse teams. Their investment decisions are driven by a selection committee of outstanding game developers that are representative of the strength and diversity of the industry.
- New EU funding possibilities for gamedevs and their supporting organisations
- Voltage High Society is now available on Steam Early Access by Platonic Partnership Oy
- Dancing Pandas Game released on itchio by Nopia
- Miikka J. Lehtonen asks what innovations have emerged from the video game industry that have been adopted in other industries?
- Daria Bokovaya asks if anyone have experience with having remote employees from other countries? How easy is it to handle from Finnish taxation etc side? Daria looking to create a company while they is the only one from our team living in Finland and trying to understand how to get this working. See the discussion at facebook group
- Newzoo new report says that more than half of ALL #games revenue this year will come from #mobile. Mobile games industry forecast of $103.5 billion in 2022. (Pocket Gamer Biz)
- Book your place at Gamescom Asia. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest to Nordic Booth. You will receive more details on how you can be a part of this.
- Kayo Games Assemble a plane from start to its first flight in Augmented Reality. Available on Android, iOS and Steam
- Virtual Hunter is on -15% discount at Steam VR Fest!
- Blasts from the past; Greetings to Future Crew; Interview with GORE at Game Players PC Entertainment-magazine (Nov/Dec 1993)
- Unity and ironSource announce merger. The companies will collaborate on a new platform that will embed Unity tools with monetisation indicators during games creation
- 12m sales and counting: What’s behind Cities: Skylines’ building success? Colossal Order CEO Mariina Hallikainen talks about why a seven-year-old game sold six million copies in the last three years