Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine weeks 29-31/2023 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 3-6th August ASSEMBLY Summer 2023 / Helsinki
- 23-27th August Gamescom / Cologne
- 1st September Games Helsinki
- 5th September Over 7 Hills 2023
- 12-13th September PG Connects Helsinki
Tickets are available at our Early Bird rate, and we have a special discount for this group: PlayFinland20
- 14-15th September Game On! Hack-a-job in Tampere
- 4-6th October Northern Game Summit. Tickets are available
- 12th-13th October W Love Games free tickets available.
- 2-3rd November Game Connection Europe
- 30th Nov.-1st Dec. SLUSH
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- Sami Kuhakoski, senior Unity + C# programmer is looking for a job.
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.com. Additionally, here is an anonymous list of talents who joined our Games Job Fair event and are open to career opportunities. If you want to see someone’s full profile, please feel free to reach out with the Contact button, so that they reach out to the talent for their consent. In your email please specify the project and/or position you are hiring for. A job description would be ideal.
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Uratarinoita, erilaisista ihmisistä / mostly in Finnish, but few different career stories in English too
- Astro Battlers TD is released on Steam
- Tarmo Jussila re-released old games from the mid-2000s online again
- Trap Attack released on STEAM
- Suvi Latva asks opinions related to AI;
1) How could/is AI helping the developer in game development or is not why? (not talking about basic NPC)2) Could AI replace the user data for developers that platforms are not sharing (ie. IDFA)?3) Will / Would game studios use their own AI or utilize something generally available? And would using the same AI make game more similar to each other?
- “Where is the line between UGC that its creator can have ownership and provenance of it and it can be sold ie. As NFT versus AI supported UGC? Can (heavily?) AI supported UGC be sold as NFT? “
- DigiDemo funding has opened and the grant is up for grabs during 15th of May through 11th of Sep. See instructions here.
- Hologram Monster is available for new gigs for the end of year Grab it while it’s hot! The best 2D & 3D art outsourcing on this side of the globe More images here
- A culture of collaboration: an interview with Finland’s LGIN mentoring network
- EXPA JKL & Digi & Game Center. offers office space at Jyväskylä
- A Finnish IP turns into a game at a Norwegian studio.
- “Moominpappa fishing” was very early RedLynx-production, a Java applet-based browser game from 2001. Currently only playable at The Finnish Museum of Games