Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 29-31/2021 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 12th August EGD + InvestGame H1 2021 Webinar
- 9th September LGIN; An investor’s view on pitching with Mika Reini
- 10th September BSGI – Mentor Workshop (part of Baltic Sea Game Incubation program!)
- 28th Sept – 1st Oct PGC Helsinki 2021
- 14-15th October W Love Games
- Plarium acquired Futureplay to expand into casual games
Activision Blizzard case, has sparked discussion about equality and harassment in the Game Industry. The Finnish Game Industry has a zero-tolerance policy on harassment. All Finnish game industry organisations (and through that, their members) are under common Code of Conduct established 2018, applicable in all professional relationships in industry events as well as workplaces. Advice how to proceed in harassment cases
- The popular Hill Climb Racing game series has accumulated 518 million downloads in the China Android market.
- Apply for Next Games Game Developer Academy ends soon!
- Congrats to eQuoo – The Emotional Fitness Game game by PsycApps Digital Mental Health Games developed with MiTale for being nominated for the category of “Serious Games” at the Global Industry Game Awards!
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- Eeva Tötterström, is currently looking for a position as a game artist/ designer. Check they impressive portfolio & Instagram (where most artwork exists). Connect with Eeva on LinkedIn or by email
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.com
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Activision Blizzard case, has sparked discussion about equality and harassment in the Game Industry.The Finnish Game Industry has a zero-tolerance policy on harassment. All Finnish game industry organisations (and through that, their members) are under common Code of Conduct established 2018, applicable in all professional relationships in industry events as well as workplaces.
- Game industry organizations have also in 2018 established Sexual Harassment Task Force to deal with sexual harassment in the game industry. The main objective of Task Force is to deal with sexual harassment issues: share information, knowledge, give assistance and create general guidelines and procedures. If you fall victim of sexual harassment, the first priority is to report harassment.According to Finnish law, employer has the main responsibility to take care of workplace sexual harassment cases, but If you are afraid to bring up the case at the workplace, you can contact the Task Force contact person Taina Myöhänen taina(at)weingames.fi, or any of the task Force members for advice. We are here to help. All discussions with the Task Force’s members are confidential.Let´s keep the Finnish Game Industry professional, prosperous and free of harassment.
- Finnish Game Industry Organizations: Neogames Finland ry, IGDA Finland ry, Finnish Game Jam ry, Suomen Pelinkehittäjät ry, We in Games ry and Game Makers of Finland.Advice how to proceed in harassment cases
- EGD podcast 097: KooPee Hiltunen, Neogames
- Stanislav Stanković wrote another text about they experiences. Understanding the feedback you get from your players is extremely important if you are running a live service
- Making a good FTUE is hard. Many teams tend to focus on the wrong stuff. Stanislav Stanković made a series of texts on this topics.
- Rehaboo tried their latest MiniGame, Fishing, for the in real life.
- Article about recent acquisitions in Finnish Game Industry (only in Finnish)
- Game Development World Championship launched a new student-focused competition category called Student Game Award under GDWC 2021 in collaboration with Autodesk