Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 32/2023 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 21th August Pixel Perfect: Exploring the Legal Landscape of Game Graphics and IPRs / Helsinki / Hybrid
- 23-27th August Gamescom / Cologne
- Meet the Finnish game developers at hall 3.2 F-010 B
- 1st September Games Helsinki
- 5th September Over 7 Hills 2023
- 12-13th September PG Connects Helsinki
Tickets are available at our Early Bird rate, and we have a special discount for this group: PlayFinland20
- 14-15th September Game On! Hack-a-job in Tampere
- 4-6th October Northern Game Summit. Tickets are available
- 12th-13th October W Love Games free tickets available.
- 25th-27th October Games Job Fair / Online + Onsite 27th Innopoli 2, Tekniikantie 14, 02150 Espoo, Finland
- 2-3rd November Game Connection Europe
- 30th Nov.-1st Dec. SLUSH
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- Open job position for game industry expert / Rovaniemi, Lapland (in Finnish)
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.com. Additionally, here is an anonymous list of talents who joined our Games Job Fair event and are open to career opportunities. If you want to see someone’s full profile, please feel free to reach out with the Contact button, so that they reach out to the talent for their consent. In your email please specify the project and/or position you are hiring for. A job description would be ideal.
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Uratarinoita, erilaisista ihmisistä / mostly in Finnish, but few different career stories in English too
Skábma – Snowfall by Red Stage Entertainment is now available on consoles:
Nintendo Switch: https://www.nintendo.com/…/prod…/skabma-snowfall-switch/
- DigiDemo funding has opened and the grant is up for grabs during 15th of May through 11th of Sep. See instructions here.
- Following Finnish Game Developers will be at GamesCom:
Black Smoke Studios
Valinta / Zemeho
VRKiwi / MeKiwi
- Did you miss our open call in Spring for the Free City of Games event? Don’t worry! You can send in your proposals in our Open Call Vol. 2! Instructions and application form can be found through this link https://link.webropol.com/s/PVKteoshakuVOL2 Apply before 17th of September .
- Are you ready to Break The Beyond?! Dungeon crawl card game with merge elements. The demo is now available on the Google Play Store. Play the demo, explore the possibilities, and let them know what you think!
- Journeys into Game Industry comics in English
- IAH: INTERNET WAR Public Demo is out Now!