Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 32/2021 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 25th August: “Get your Unity project on to Huawei AppGallery using the new Unity Plugin 2.0”
- 9th September LGIN; An investor’s view on pitching with Mika Reini
- 10th September BSGI – Mentor Workshop (part of Baltic Sea Game Incubation program!)
- 24th September Finnish Developer Showcase; online event for PC & Console developers aiming to Japan market
- Apply for to pitch by August 26th, 2021.
- 27th September Leadership Day by IGDA Finland
- 28th Sept – 1st Oct PGC Helsinki 2021
- 14-15th October W Love Games
- Top 10 highest-grossing mobile games of all time: Number 3 – Clash of Clans with $7.7 billion revenue
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- Combo Breaker is looking for programmers and experienced lead or senior programmers which is based all over Europe via remote working, with offices in the UK and Helsinki, Finland. Strong Unity & C# skills required. Contact
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.com
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- VR game My Shadow (Jestercraft) is released on STEAM
- Are you mentoring someone, but could use a level-up? Wish to start mentoring but not sure how?Join the BSGI Mentor Workshop on Sep 10th!Are you mentoring someone, but could use a level-up? Wish to start mentoring but not sure how?Join the BSGI Mentor Workshop on Sep 10th!
- After 500 days of working from home Stanislav Stanković tried to summarise feelings about the experience.
- Convict Games shares a follow up to STONE. This time we follow a Finnish pop star in next story and character study. It also has some secret twists and is told over 16 endings… Enjoy and expect some Finnish Voice over and more in here too
Following Sociable Soccer’s success on Apple Arcade and the Chinese mobile market Combo Breaker is expanding development to PC, Playstation, XBox and Switch versions. Their development needs are growing and they seek programmers and experienced lead or senior programmers which is based all over Europe via remote working, with offices in the UK and Helsinki, Finland. Strong Unity & C# skills required.
- Call for speakers (Deadline September 3rd) at Leadership Day by IGDA Finland
During autumn Business Finland is collecting ideas for funding through the EU’s new RRF instrument. Currently the sector “what can be funded” is open as long as it doesn’t cause harm to the environment (Do No Significant Harm principle) and relates to the creative industry. This is a new type of instrument and BF will be getting back to everyone who submits their idea and description of the creating team/company/association. The funding will be 50% de minimis grant of the project size (10k project = 5k grant + 5k of your own expense) with maximum grant size of 50 000 euros. The idea suggestions will be gathered until the end of the month and the actual funding instrument will be opened 15.9 with decisions on the funding made by the end of the year. For the first round the focus of this instrument is in A/V & event industry, but all creative industries are applicable.