Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine weeks 33/2020 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- Game Development World Championship has reached a milestone with over a thousand development teams from all over the world taking part. Nearly 100 countries are represented by teams of all sizes and backgrounds.
- Fortnite removed from Apple and Google appstores.
- IGDA Finland has been recognized as one of the IGDA chapters providing meaningful events at AGM awards ceremony
- Company of Crime by Resistance Games is out now!
- Oceanhorn 2 is coming to Nintendo Switch!
- Nopia Oy releases VR cow milking mini-game for MuuMaa!
- 18th August Finnish Game Awards Gala (online only) starting at 18.45. You can follow the Gala from Youtube
- 25-29 August; Gamescom / Cologne. Gamescom will under no circumstances take place on site in Cologne this year. Digital event will be organized. => Devcom
- Neogames is considering having virtual Play Finland expo booth in devcom digital 17.- 30.8.and at the moment we are looking for potential companies to join us as virtual exhibitors The price of virtual exhibitor company package is roughly €1000. If you want to have more info, please mail me: email@example.com
- 29-30th September Pocket Gamer Connects Helsinki (ONLINE)
- The discount code is: PlayFinland20
- 10th October Games Job Fair online
- 15th October Reboot Develop Blue / Croatia
- 16 October W Love Games conference / Helsinki
- 24th October Games Job Fair Online
- 6th of November #XmasJKL 2020 – The Finnish Game Industry Seminar / Jyväskylä
- 19th-23rd of July GDC 2021
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar
EGDF in co-operation with European country organizations has collected a list of online (and postponed) events.
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- Next Games is looking for a senior game programmer and game analyst
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals in Finland for short or long term hire – please check out ever growing #GamesFactoryTalentBoard and please reach out for details! Also if you are #Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry feel free to apply! https://gamesfactorytalents.com
- Pocket hunt has launched their recruiting app for games people in Finland, Sweden, Germany, the United Kingdom, the Benelux countries, Bangalore and Singapore.
- Jobs in Games: Rovio’s Heini Kaihu on how to get a job as head of studio.
- if people are interested in taking part in ‘Jobs in Games’ series feel free to get in touch with Craig Chapple!
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- 4Good Game raised 330 000 seed funding for games that support sustainable development.
- Elite Game Developers releases a collection of games business-related templates that they’ve created. Pitch deck template, cap table, stock options, cash flow, etc.
- Check out LGIN Team Trailers here
- PG Connects September Digital event have discount for Finns; Buy 2 get a 3rd ticket free with the code “FinnFree”.
- Sami Vanhatalo, one of the founders of Remedy entertainment, The Kind Genius of the Finnish Game Industry has passed away.
- Kayo Games gives A preview of Level4 from their upcoming game that will be released in September 2020 at Steam
- Grand Cru Games and Roofdog Games join N3twork’s NSP after successful testing period