Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 34/2021 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 9th September LGIN; An investor’s view on pitching with Mika Reini
- 10th September BSGI – Mentor Workshop (part of Baltic Sea Game Incubation program!)
- 16th September AWE Nite Northern XR: AR on Location
- 24th September Finnish Developer Showcase; online event for PC & Console developers aiming to Japan market
- 24th-26th Game Wave Festival
- 27th September Leadership Day by IGDA Finland
- 28th Sept – 1st Oct PGC Helsinki 2021
- 14-15th October W Love Games
- SUBMIT A TALK there is still time to send your proposals for a talk / panel / workshop, as this year it will be two-days event with multiple tracks
- SUBMIT A WORKSKOP
The recorded sessions from W Games 2020 are now available on website
See also The Game Industry Events calendar Game Conference Guide Calendar Flemish Game association calendar
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- GamePro program is here again. GamePro offers a unique way to find and start a new job through expert training that supports your new role. The duration of the program is six months and includes 20-25 training days, held by game industry professionals. Your main focus will be on your new role, at real projects in one of the program’s many partnering companies. Application deadline 13.9.2021
SciPlay’s studio in Finland is looking for Senior Product Manager and Back-End Engineer more info by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.com
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Marke Kivijärvi asks for Topic suggestions and case companies for Master’s theses in management and leadership!
- 150 Beanies indie developer has their own fb-page
- An article (in Finnish) about disabled people in the workplace and some misconceptions employers often have.
- PocketGamer.biz is running its regular developer survey and would love to know the experiences Play finland community about the last year and what are thoughts regarding the future holds for game makers. Should only take a few minutes. Results will be published in September (alongside Pocket Gamer Connects Digital .
- Mygamez Ltd. informs that China’s legislature just passed “their own GDPR”, the Personal Information Protection Law (PIPL) last Friday. It’s said to be one of the strictest in the world for personal data security and comes into effect on November 1. This comes shortly after the new Data Security Law goes into effect in September. Both new laws have been long anticipated by the industry and their draft versions have been available to the public.