Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 34/2023 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 1st September Games Helsinki
- 2nd & 9th September Cryptic Cargo portable escape room games are going to be at Korkeasaaren eläintarha for Kissojen yö
- 5th September Over 7 Hills 2023
- 8th September International Tampere organizes Pulla Perjantai; an opportunity to meet company’s hiring managers in person. Networking event with Treon! Happening on Friday, September 8, at 10 am.
- 11th September IGDA Leadership day
- 12-13th September PG Connects Helsinki
Tickets are available at our Early Bird rate, and we have a special discount for this group: PlayFinland20
- 14-15th September Game On! Hack-a-job in Tampere
- 4-6th October Northern Game Summit. Tickets are available
- 12th-13th October W Love Games free tickets available.
- 21st October DevCon 4 / Platform6 Tampere
- 25th-27th October Games Job Fair / Online + Onsite 27th Innopoli 2, Tekniikantie 14, 02150 Espoo, Finland
- 2-3rd November Game Connection Europe
- 30th Nov.-1st Dec. SLUSH
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.com. Additionally, here is an anonymous list of talents who joined our Games Job Fair event and are open to career opportunities. If you want to see someone’s full profile, please feel free to reach out with the Contact button, so that they reach out to the talent for their consent. In your email please specify the project and/or position you are hiring for. A job description would be ideal.
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Uratarinoita, erilaisista ihmisistä / mostly in Finnish, but few different career stories in English too
- DigiDemo funding has opened and the grant is up for grabs during 15th of May through 11th of Sep. See instructions here.
- Tommi Tossavainen asks which upcoming Finnish games are you most excited about?
Neogames Finland ry. has been actively following local government’s policy endeavors affecting the local game industry’s efforts in international talent acquisition. Immigration policy reforms introduced by the recently elected new government in Finland have caused significant uncertainty in the Finnish expat community.
Arto Satonen, the new Minister of Employment in the Finnish government, is now sending a clear message about his commitment to making Finland an even more attractive location for international experts: ‘In order for international experts to come to work in Finland, our country must be able to attract and retain both employees and employers.’
Neogames will continue to monitor how local regulation develops and to defend the interests of the Finnish game industry and its international employees in a changing policy environment.
- The government plans to make a separate solution for top foreign experts so that they do not have to leave Finland after a three-month period of unemployment. (Article in Finnish)