Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 33/2023 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 21th August Pixel Perfect: Exploring the Legal Landscape of Game Graphics and IPRs / Helsinki / Hybrid
- 23-27th August Gamescom / Cologne
- Meet the Finnish game developers at hall 3.2 F-010g
- 1st September Games Helsinki
- 5th September Over 7 Hills 2023
- 11th September IGDA Leadership day
- 12-13th September PG Connects Helsinki
Tickets are available at our Early Bird rate, and we have a special discount for this group: PlayFinland20
- 14-15th September Game On! Hack-a-job in Tampere
- 4-6th October Northern Game Summit. Tickets are available
- 12th-13th October W Love Games free tickets available.
- 25th-27th October Games Job Fair / Online + Onsite 27th Innopoli 2, Tekniikantie 14, 02150 Espoo, Finland
- 2-3rd November Game Connection Europe
- 30th Nov.-1st Dec. SLUSH
- Play Ventures raised at least $78M for third gaming venture fund
- Helsinki is officially Europe’s best city for expats, scoring a high 75.21 out of 100 for safety and perfect ratings for happiness, walkability and nightlife.
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.com. Additionally, here is an anonymous list of talents who joined our Games Job Fair event and are open to career opportunities. If you want to see someone’s full profile, please feel free to reach out with the Contact button, so that they reach out to the talent for their consent. In your email please specify the project and/or position you are hiring for. A job description would be ideal.
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Uratarinoita, erilaisista ihmisistä / mostly in Finnish, but few different career stories in English too
- DigiDemo funding has opened and the grant is up for grabs during 15th of May through 11th of Sep. See instructions here.
- Following Finnish Game Developers will be at GamesCom:
- Black Block
- Black Smoke Studios
- Bonus Stage
- Critical Force
- Epic Games
- Games Factory
- Grain village
- Greener Grass
- Hologram Monster
- Makea Games
- Ray Browser
- Redhill Games
- Resistance Games
- Return Entertainment
- Skyward Entertainment
- Social First
- Traplight Games
- Vaki Games
- Valinta / Zemeho
- Virtual Dawn
- VRKiwi / MeKiwi
- Solip Park, a game researcher at Aalto Uni. and a comic artist. Solip is currently working on research on global talent import & recruitment in Finland and looking for recruitment and HR experts for an interview. sign up here: https://forms.gle/FPrjhh7Sfm4YwuXh6
- Petri Hämäläinen, with his team has launched a crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter for a project Kitchen Confidence.
- Deadline to application for Aalto Digital Creatives 2023 pre-incubator programme is on 5th September.