Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 35/2021 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 9th September LGIN; An investor’s view on pitching with Mika Reini
- 10th September BSGI – Mentor Workshop (part of Baltic Sea Game Incubation program!)
- 16th September AWE Nite Northern XR: AR on Location
- 24th September Finnish Developer Showcase; online event for PC & Console developers aiming to Japan market
- 24th-26th Game Wave Festival
- 27th September Leadership Day by IGDA Finland
- 28th Sept – 1st Oct PGC Helsinki 2021
- 14-15th October W Love Games
- Playtika acquires Reworks in $400 million deal. Helsingin Sanomat also wrote an article about acquirement.
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- SciPlay’s studio in Finland is looking for QA Lead with engineering/programming skills, Senior Product Manager and Back-End Engineer.
- Apply to join Supercell’s Level Up Program. Program brings together a team of six members. Apply by October 10th.
- GamePro program is here again. GamePro offers a unique way to find and start a new job through expert training that supports your new role. The duration of the program is six months and includes 20-25 training days, held by game industry professionals. Your main focus will be on your new role, at real projects in one of the program’s many partnering companies. Application deadline 13.9.2021
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.com
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Redhill Games‘ Nine to Five on Steam early access.
- Brakesoft launched their mobile game Swift: Galaxy Trails at the end of July.
- Apply to Finnish Game Incubator 2021 by 22.10.2021.
- MyGamez is in partnership with Zynga to launch Merge Dragons mobile game in China.
- Platonic Partnership’s Jussi Loukiainen on QuillScape Podcast.
- Digi&Game Center in Jyväskylä receives a significant donation from OP Central Finland.
- Rehaboo will reach 10 million steps milestone this weekend on RehabooActive games.
- Interested in interactive storytelling and enjoying discourse on game design practices for creating deep-engaging-content? Handbook on Interactive Storytelling might be for you!
- Pocketgamer.biz – Devs gain more flexibility to highlight non-App Store payment methods
- PocketGamer lists top 50 mobile game makers of 2021.
- Janne Rautiainen shares game design documents from 1990.
- Pocketgamer.biz – Mobile Mavens: Reaction to China’s new restrictions on children gaming.
- Article (in Finnish) about how stereotypes about disabled people in media slow down progress for disabled people’s rights.
- Yle has new chronicle series about home computers in Finland, and at the same times tells about the history of the game industry (in Finnish)