Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 35/2020 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 25-29 August; Gamescom / Cologne. Gamescom will under no circumstances take place on site in Cologne this year. Digital event will be organized. => Devcom
- Neogames is considering having virtual Play Finland expo booth in devcom digital 17.- 30.8.and at the moment we are looking for potential companies to join us as virtual exhibitors The price of virtual exhibitor company package is roughly €1000. If you want to have more info, please mail me: email@example.com
- 24th September AWE Nite Helsinki: Northern Lights 2
- 14-18th September Pocket Gamer Connects Helsinki (ONLINE)
- The discount code is: PlayFinland20
- 15th October Reboot Develop Blue / Croatia
- 16 October W Love Games conference / Helsinki
- 28th October Games Job Fair Online
- 6th of November #XmasJKL 2020 – The Finnish Game Industry Seminar / Jyväskylä
- 19th-23rd of July GDC 2021
- March 2021(Date tbc) British Academy Games Awards
Applications already openThursday 19 November 2020 – Entries closeTuesday 2 March 2021 – Nominations announcedMarch 2021 (Date tbc) – British Academy Games Awards
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendarEGDF in co-operation with European country organizations has collected a list of online (and postponed) events.
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- Futureplay Games has open a position for an Office Manager in Helsinki!
- Redhill Games is looking for an experienced office person
- BusinessFinland has launched a nationwide job board to advertise jobs for #English speakers in #Finland. Advertising the open positions in the portal is free of charge for the companies.
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals in Finland for short or long term hire – please check out ever growing #GamesFactoryTalentBoard and please reach out for details! Also if you are #Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry feel free to apply! https://gamesfactorytalents.com
- Pocket hunt has launched their recruiting app for games people in Finland, Sweden, Germany, the United Kingdom, the Benelux countries, Bangalore and Singapore.
- Jobs in Games: Rovio’s Heini Kaihu on how to get a job as head of studio.
- if people are interested in taking part in ‘Jobs in Games’ series feel free to get in touch with Craig Chapple!
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Forbidden Studios releasing new trailer: Among the Trolls Demo Video
- Unity is aiming to stock market (article only in Finnish)
- 3D asset pack from Hologram Monster now available on the unreal engine marketplace!
- Retro stories about Finnish Game Industry (in Finnish only)
- Game Music Collective released a tribute to the Finnish gaming industry and especially to the fantastic music of Finnish games!
Among the Trolls Demo Video / Forbidden Studios
FINNISH Game Music Medley (2020) / Game Music Collective