Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 36/2021 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 15th September BE Accelerator Meetup: Music and audio as value drivers for games (hybrid event)
- 16th September AWE Nite Northern XR: AR on Location
- 24th September Finnish Developer Showcase; online event for PC & Console developers aiming to Japan market
- 24th-26th Game Wave Festival
- 27th September Leadership Day by IGDA Finland
- 28th Sept – 1st Oct PGC Helsinki 2021
- 14-15th October W Love Games
- SUBMIT A TALK there is still time to send your proposals for a talk / panel / workshop, as this year it will be two-days event with multiple tracks
- SUBMIT A WORKSKOP
The recorded sessions from W Games 2020 are now available on website
See also The Game Industry Events calendar Game Conference Guide Calendar Flemish Game association calendar
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- Redhill Games is looking for QA Specialist.
- Lightneer has opened a few new positions – marketing artist, game designer, senior game programmer – check them out here.
- Huawei Research Center is looking for Principal 3D Graphics IDE & Tools Developer, Cloud Native Rendering Architect and Senior/Principal Graphics Engineer.
- In need of programmer, game designer, sound designer/composer, artists…? Contact Antti from Mindhaven Games – he knows awesome game developers with solid Unreal experience free for hire/subcontracting.
- Apply to join Supercell’s Level Up Program. Program brings together a team of six members. Apply by October 10th.
- GamePro program is here again. GamePro offers a unique way to find and start a new job through expert training that supports your new role. The duration of the program is six months and includes 20-25 training days, held by game industry professionals. Your main focus will be on your new role, at real projects in one of the program’s many partnering companies. Application deadline 13.9.2021
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.com
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Check the teaser trailer of Platonic Partnership’s Levaluhta!
- Snowhound has a new game coming out – check announcement trailer of Potion Tycoon here.
- Group of Xamk students have but together an adventure/puzzle game Roskis: A Boozy Beginning – it is now on Steam ready to be wishlisted.
- Fingersoft launches a six-month experiment to boost work-life balance – they offer anyone wanting to work 80 % with 90 % of their full salary.
- Remedy is working on Alan Wake Remastered.
- MyGamez advices to stay calm about China game approvals.
- LGIN has a shiny new website! They have also a resources page, featuring useful content for anyone interested in game entrepreneurship.
- Toad Kings had a great start in their Kickstarter campaign (article in Finnish).
- Janne Rautiainen highly recommend Finnish Game Museum of Games’ Noita exhibition.
- Apply to Talentgate’s Games and Apps UA Talent programme by September 13th.
- Apply to Finnish Game Incubator 2021 by 22.10.2021.
- According to Newzoo, there were 2,8 million gamers in Finland at the end of 2020.