Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine weeks 36/2022 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 15th September Bothnia Game Industry, Future & Beyond / Kokkola
- 20th September IPO Klinikka pelialan yrityksille (workshop in Finnish) / Helsinki & Online
- 26th September IGDA Leadership Day 2022 / Helsinki.
- 27-28 Sept. Pocket Gamer Connects Helsinki: Get 20% off your tickets when you use code: PlayFinland20
- 13-14th October W Love Games: tickets for conference are available
- 19-22 Oct. Gamescom Asia/Singapore
- Join to Nordic booth on Gamescom Asia. Book your place now before they are all gone! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest. You will receive more details on how you can be a part of this. https://gamescom.asia/
- 26-28th October Games Job Fair Autumn 22
- 1-30th November Free City of Games / Kouvola: Idea call/applying until 1st of October.
- 3rd-4th November Game Connection Europe / Paris
- 17th-18th Slush Helsinki
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- Harri Tarkka can help with concept illustrations if needed. Almost any style goes, ask. Harri has illustrated ads, concepts, magazines, processes, strategies, board games, and children’s books. Harri is familiar with being on the team. Here’s a link to Harri‘s illustration site where you can download a portfolio
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.com. Additionally, here is an anonymous list of talents who joined our Games Job Fair event and are open to career opportunities. If you want to see someone’s full profile, please feel free to reach out with the Contact button, so that they reach out to the talent for their consent. In your email please specify the project and/or position you are hiring for. A job description would be ideal.
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Uratarinoita, erilaisista ihmisistä / mostly in Finnish, but few different career stories in English too