Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 36/2020 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 9th September IGDA Lahti MeetUp with Baltic Explorers & Heikki Laaninen by IGDA Finland Lahti hub
- 24th September AWE Nite Helsinki: Northern Lights 2
- 14-18th September Pocket Gamer Connects Helsinki (ONLINE)
- The discount code is: PlayFinland20
- 15th October Reboot Develop Blue / Croatia
- 16 October W Love Games conference / Helsinki
- 28th October Games Job Fair Online
- 6th of November #XmasJKL 2020 – The Finnish Game Industry Seminar / Jyväskylä
- 19th-23rd of July GDC 2021
- March 2021(Date tbc) British Academy Games Awards
- Applications already open
- Thursday 19 November 2020 – Entries close
- Tuesday 2 March 2021 – Nominations announced
- March 2021 (Date tbc) – British Academy Games Awards
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar
EGDF in co-operation with European country organizations has collected a list of online (and postponed) events.
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- Fingersoft is looking for 3rd Party SDK Engineer / Tech Lead to join their Growth Marketing Ad Monetization team.
- Housemarque is looking for Senior Producer for their latest game project Returnal.
- Lasse Louhento is looking for Super Senior Programmer to BIT ODD company. More info & applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
- BusinessFinland has launched a nationwide job board to advertise jobs for #English speakers in #Finland. Advertising the open positions in the portal is free of charge for the companies.
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals in Finland for short or long term hire – please check out ever growing #GamesFactoryTalentBoard and please reach out for details! Also if you are #Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry feel free to apply! https://gamesfactorytalents.com
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Platonic Partnership releases Challenge Royale Google Play and App Store!
Neogames Reminding ⏰:
- Neogames Finland has new websites!
- Olesja Marjalaakso talks about bankruptcy in Talouselämä podcast (in Finnish)
- iOS 14 Update: Consumer Acquisition: Apple’s IDFA change will disrupt mobile game ads and prompt layoffs
Game Music Collective; Final Fantasy, Real-Life SEPHIROTH, Gyrokopter and Game Music Collective, enjoy!
- Ville Paasonen, Information Systems major at the University of Jyväskylä is looking to interview game developers that has utilized crowdsoursing in their game development. Contact: ville(dot)o(dot)paasonen@student(dot)jyu(dot)fi.
- Project: Longtail has plush toys now
- Kayo Games shared new video: life-size shark in mobile Augmented Reality or in your Browser
Finnish Game Incubator signups are now open to all studios across Finland – fully remote, totally free and you’ll even get an entrepreneurship degree out of it!Starting November 2020, apply by 23.10.2020Mentors include investors, marketing experts and CEOsCourtesy of Tampere Game Hub, city of Tampere and AhlmanTotally free, remotely online on Discord, limited spots!Sign up: here
- XR Nation’s Extended Reality community has rapidly expanded to 22 companies and 1 cluster in the Nordic and Baltic regions. The swift growth has established XR Nation as a serious operator on the AR & VR scene.
FINAL FANTASY OST Airship Theme Music Medley/ Game Music Collective