Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine weeks 37/2022 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 19th September Business Finland senior advisor Sid Naithani and Headstart Network showcases Indian game industry. It’s a 1.5 hour virtual session specifically for Gaming startups in Finland. More information and registration to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 20th September IPO Klinikka pelialan yrityksille (workshop in Finnish) / Helsinki & Online
- 20th September IGDA Tampere Meetup with Makea Games
- 26th September IGDA Leadership Day 2022 / Helsinki.
- 26th September Unity September Meetup with Metacore
- 27-28 Sept. Pocket Gamer Connects Helsinki: Get 20% off your tickets when you use code: PlayFinland20
- 13-14th October W Love Games: tickets for conference are available
- 19-22 Oct. Gamescom Asia/Singapore
- Join to Nordic booth on Gamescom Asia. Book your place now before they are all gone! Email email@example.com to register your interest. You will receive more details on how you can be a part of this. https://gamescom.asia/
- 26-28th October Games Job Fair Autumn 22
- 1-30th November Free City of Games / Kouvola: Idea call/applying until 1st of October.
- 3rd-4th November Game Connection Europe / Paris
- 17th-18th Slush Helsinki
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- Dmitry Kustov with many tech skills is looking for a job
SciPlay Finland is hiring!Location either Helsinki Metropolitan Area or Oulu, Finland!
- Forbidden Studios is growing, and looking for programmers across multiple areas. Team has some absolute Unity wizards, so if you’re looking to become one yourself and looking for a position remotely or at our office in Turku, send an application our way!
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.com. Additionally, here is an anonymous list of talents who joined our Games Job Fair event and are open to career opportunities. If you want to see someone’s full profile, please feel free to reach out with the Contact button, so that they reach out to the talent for their consent. In your email please specify the project and/or position you are hiring for. A job description would be ideal.
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Uratarinoita, erilaisista ihmisistä / mostly in Finnish, but few different career stories in English too
- Nitro Games has launched NERF: Superblast
- Why Business Finland is doing such a great job in supporting the Finnish games industry. Compared to many of their colleagues from other EU countries, they are actually present at industry events to map and understand the latest industry trends and types of support the industry needs. [Article in Finnish]
- Skunkworks has been scaling down a lot recently and ended up with a lot of extra office space. In case your company or you know someone else who is looking for a beautiful office space in the center of Helsinki, contact Olli Raudus / firstname.lastname@example.org
Two spaces in the same building:
Both of the spaces are available from October onwards.
Mikonkatu 13 A, 8th floor – 244m2 (good for 8 – 18 people) (see photo)
Kaisaniemenkatu 1 B, 6th floor – 424m2 (good for 20 – 40 people)
- Quicksave announced their second web3 project with the Sky Mavis team. The game is fully in HTML5.