Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 38/2021 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 27th September Leadership Day by IGDA Finland
- 28th September Pocket Jam #6
- 28th Sept – 1st Oct PGC Helsinki 2021
- 20-21st October Green Games Summit online
- 14-15th October W Love Games (online)
- there is SHOWROOM, where you can present your teams and projects you have been working on! The booths are FREE of charge, same as the event
- Check the updates on this year’s program!
- 27-29th October Nordic Game Talents | Recruitment & Career Building
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- Eeva Tötterström is currently looking for an internship position relating to Saranen`s GamePro –recruiting program. GamePro strives to train and introduce new talent to the game industry, and one of the requirements of participating is finding a game company to work with.
- Sourav Chatterjee, 5+ year experienced Unity and C# developer, is looking for a job. His resume is here
- Rubén Pino Soria, 3D game artist specialized in environments for games is currently looking for an internship position through Saranen’s GamePro training program.
- Business opportunities for Finnish game studios in India.
- Apply to join Supercell’s Level Up Program. Program brings together a team of six members. Apply by October 10th.
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.com
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Viljami Vilkku Ahtola is currently planning a Masters Thesis regarding microtransaction ecosystems. Would at Play Finland group happen to be anyone who’s in a company involved in microtransactions? Viljami is looking for more specific topic ideas, tips, and maybe even a company to write thesis for.
- DOOMBLADE – Official Reveal Trailer
- CLAY – The Last Redemption demo coming out at Steam Next Fest
- From November, fully vaccinated nationals from the EU and UK will be allowed to enter the US as long as they get tested and agree to contact tracing.
- Stanislav Stanković wrote about how Leaderboards are a common feature in games, however many games still get them wrong.
Lockpickle announced their second game on Steam, featuring physics-powered robot shenanigans. It’s coming 2022, and they will also be publish on consoles!
- Bonus Stage Publishing and Korpus are horrified to announce that JANITOR BLEEDS will be launching on PC and consoles in early 2022
- Marke Kivijärvi shared their academic article that looks at how women construct their gameplay identities in relation to the hegemonic “gamer” discourse. While the study shows that reproducing the masculine gamer notions is required to gain recognition, they also discuss how women deploy new, alternative versions of gamer identity.