Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 38/2020 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 14-18th September Pocket Gamer Connects Helsinki (ONLINE)
- The discount code is: PlayFinland20
- 24th September AWE Nite Helsinki: Northern Lights 2
- 28th IGDA Finland Leadership Day 2020 online event
- 6th-8th October 1st European Union-Mexico Creative Industries Forum: Video gaming and Transmedia
- 15th October Reboot Develop Blue / Croatia
- 16 October W Love Games conference / Helsinki
- 28th October Games Job Fair Online
- 6th of November #XmasJKL 2020 – The Finnish Game Industry Seminar / Jyväskylä
- 19th-23rd of July GDC 2021
- March 2021(Date tbc) British Academy Games Awards
- Applications already open
- Thursday 19 November 2020 – Entries close
- Tuesday 2 March 2021 – Nominations announced
- March 2021 (Date tbc) – British Academy Games Awards
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar 📆
EGDF in co-operation with European country organizations has collected a list of online (and postponed) events.
- Metacore (formely Everywear Games) raises $17.6 million from Supercell and launches Merge Mansion mobile game + secured and $11.8 million line of credit.
📝 Open jobs & Recruitment:
- Next Games is HIRING and UA is the flavor of the day!
Need art? Hologram Monster from Tampere is looking for one more gig for this year! Check out artstation and request the company deck via message at email@example.com
Juhamatti Rissa 3D artist, music composer and Game/VR Game/Mobile developer with a knowledge on C++ and C# and familiar with both largest game engines Unity and Unreal Engine, is looking for job opportunity in Finland and preferably at Tampere area.
- Finnish Games Career Day will be on Wed 28th October at 9:00 – 19:00 more info here
- BusinessFinland has launched a nationwide job board to advertise jobs for #English speakers in #Finland. Advertising the open positions in the portal is free of charge for the companies.
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals in Finland for short or long term hire – please check out ever growing #GamesFactoryTalentBoard and please reach out for details! Also if you are #Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry feel free to apply! https://gamesfactorytalents.com
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
💖 New releases 🤩
⏰ Neogames Reminding
📃 Other News
Saaramaria Kuittinen is looking for Game Writer to speak (in Finnish) to Writers event on next Thursday
Kimble Games, Wheelie King 4 multiplayer mode coming soon
- EliteGameDevelopers Podcast 069: Thor Gunnarsson, Mainframe Industries
- Kayo Games: Meet a bee in mobile Augmented Reality or in your Browser, no app download needed
- Kingshunt releases their official launch trailer:
Kingshunt – Official Announcement Trailer