Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 37/2020 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 11th-13th September: Pride Game Jam Hybrid digital+physical jam with talks, guests, food, and great community!
- 14th-15th September: Pocket Jam with an award ceremony on 18th. Jammers get access to the Pocket Gamer Connects Helsinki Digital event! Participants also get the traditional Pocket Jam apron!
- 15th September: Unofficial gathering of game industry @Bar IHKU Helsinki
- 24th September AWE Nite Helsinki: Northern Lights 2
- 14-18th September Pocket Gamer Connects Helsinki (ONLINE)
- The discount code is: PlayFinland20
- 6th-8th October 1st European Union-Mexico Creative Industries Forum: Video gaming and Transmedia
- 15th October Reboot Develop Blue / Croatia
- 16 October W Love Games conference / Helsinki
- 28th October Games Job Fair Online
- 6th of November #XmasJKL 2020 – The Finnish Game Industry Seminar / Jyväskylä
- 19th-23rd of July GDC 2021
- March 2021(Date tbc) British Academy Games Awards
- Applications already open
- Thursday 19 November 2020 – Entries close
- Tuesday 2 March 2021 – Nominations announced
- March 2021 (Date tbc) – British Academy Games Awards
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar 📆
EGDF in co-operation with European country organizations has collected a list of online (and postponed) events.
- Pelimetsä phase 2 is currently under design and discussion. If you are a decision-maker in a game company with an interest in supporting the project, please don’t hesitate to contact Jani Kahrama.
📝 Open jobs & Recruitment:
MyGamez have two open developer positions to be filled, based in Pori or Helsinki. Join the team to build top notch publishing tech that serves some of the best western mobile games in the 600+ million players China Android market. Senior Backend developer, cloud services & Android Developer / Reverse Engineer
Markus Isomäki would need an unpaid internship as a developer or tester at the Tampere or Hämeenlinna area for (14.9.-11.10.) and asks help for that
- Carrot Kitchen is looking for a Community Manager for their subscription based cooking app, which inspires and guides 6-13 yr old kids to cook via step-by-step video content and lots of game-like elements. For more info or send an application to email@example.com
- Finnish Games Career Day will be on Wed 28th October at 9:00 – 19:00 more info here
- BusinessFinland has launched a nationwide job board to advertise jobs for #English speakers in #Finland. Advertising the open positions in the portal is free of charge for the companies.
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals in Finland for short or long term hire – please check out ever growing #GamesFactoryTalentBoard and please reach out for details! Also if you are #Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry feel free to apply! https://gamesfactorytalents.com
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
💖 New releases 🤩
⏰ Neogames Reminding
Kasperi Kivistö is asking for recommendation regarding a freelancer or an agency excelling in video content – including both materials catered for a game’s community around game updates as well as UA materials?
📃 Other News
There are so many ways that game.tv’s eSports platform can be used to enhance your game’s retention/help reach new audiences. And remember, it’s free! Don’t hesitate to contact jim(at)game.tv
- XR Nation exclusive Spatial News™ interview with Jaakko Asikainen, Director and Designer of Mekiwi’s popular game Cave Digger!
- With the recent changes in China 🇨🇳 a local publishing partner has become an absolute must on both mobile platforms. The Chinese government game approval license (ISBN) is a complex matter and most western developers are missing out some of the points crucial for securing their own rights. MyGamez explain the often-ignored details everyone should understand when preparing for China publishing deal.
- PHZ Game Studios has reached an exciting milestone with their game Siege Castles and reached 100k installs on the play store.
- Global Top Round’s 2020 Acceleration program is open for submission. Applications for the 2020 program is open until Sep 30th 2020.
- 4Good is looking for a bigger office (40 – 70m2, preferably two separate rooms) in the Helsinki center area – anyone about to move out from their current space with these settings or have extra space for rent?
- Kayo Games: Face-to-face with a T-Rex In Augmented Reality. Try it here, no app download needed