Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 40/2020 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 16 October W Love Games conference / Helsinki
- TICKETS are available now and the link is first shared to those who have signed up for W Love Games newsletter. Sign up to a newsletter here.
SPEAKER ANNOUNCEMENTS– Madalina-Georgiana Vladau from RedLynx!– Bogdina Buvaeva and Lamees Ouzon from Google– Drussila Hollanda-Grönberg from Supercell– Maria Maunula from Nitro Games– Licia Prehn and Salla Hiiskoski in leadership workshop
- 26th October Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; Psychology of Sound Design (online)
- 28th October Games Job Fair Online
- 6th of November #XmasJKL 2020 – The Finnish Game Industry Seminar / Jyväskylä
- 23rd November Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Publishing Games in China” (online)
- 7th December Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Exergaming” (online)
- 25th January Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Founding a Game Company (in Finland), Again” (online)
- 15th February Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Building Sustainable Gaming Cultures” (online)
- 29th March Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Fostering Playful Experiences with Wearables” (online)
- March 2021(Date tbc) British Academy Games Awards
- Applications already open
- Thursday 19 November 2020 – Entries close
- Tuesday 2 March 2021 – Nominations announced
- March 2021 (Date tbc) – British Academy Games Awards
- 19th April Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Next Generation of Interactive Streaming” (online)
- 3rd May Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Art of Learning by Doing – The Great Game Jam Panel” (online)
- 19th-23rd of July GDC 2021
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar 📆
EGDF in co-operation with European country organizations has collected a list of online (and postponed) events.
📝 Open jobs & Recruitment:
- Metacore is looking for talented programmers, artists and designers to Merge Mansion
- Fingersoft is looking for an experienced Lead Game Designer to join our crew at Fingersoft (Helsinki or Oulu)
- Mindhaven is looking for a writer for Sky Beneath
- Traplight is still hiring Game Server Programmer
- BusinessFinland has launched a nationwide job board to advertise jobs for #English speakers in #Finland. Advertising the open positions in the portal is free of charge for the companies.
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals in Finland for short or long term hire – please check out ever growing #GamesFactoryTalentBoard and please reach out for details! Also if you are #Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry feel free to apply! https://gamesfactorytalents.com
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
💖 New releases 🤩
📃 Other News
- XR Nation Citizen’s Spotlight: Radical Rabbit
- EGD Podcast: deep-dive article on Stillfront Group which is an emerging games business that both industry insiders and curious outsiders should prioritize understanding.
- Could a guild help the AR & VR games sector? The Case of Finland
- 26 years ago Bloodhouse’s Petteri Putkonen and Jani Penttinen shared their thoughts about Atari and the game industry (ST Format #60, July 1994) …Elvis the platformer apparently didn’t materialize (?)
- Juhamatti Rissa is asking volunteers for beta testing. Game is horror survival genre and currently at Oculus Store closed Alpha on Oculus Go headset.
- Kayo Games: Human brain – Augmented Reality
- Is designing part of your work or have you worked with design before? Take part in a survey for your chance to win one of two USD$100 Amazon gift certificates!
MindSeize Nintendo Switch Release Trailer
Prehistoric Hunt – Dinosaur Trailer