Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 42/2021 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 20th-24th October KOR-FIN Special Game Week 2021
- 22nd October The Power of Video Games (online). Register here.
- EIT plans to invest tens of millions of euros on the new KIC for the Creative and Cultural industries. Join this event to see how KooPee Hiltunen tries to explain to high-ranking EU officials what innovation in the games industry means.
- 27-29th October Nordic Game Talents | Recruitment & Career Building
- 30-31 OctoberEcocity Game Gathering / Mustakallion Vesitorni, the highest sauna and event venue in Lahti! unfortunately the Ecocity Game Jam (30-31.10.) is cancelled.
- 1st November 2021 Investor & Publisher Connector by; with Game ON Mid Sweden and Bron Innovation connecting Swedish game makers with investors and publishers + Steel Media (Publishers of Pocket Gamer, PC Games Insider, Blockchain Gamer)
- 2-5 November Nordic Game
- Helsinki based Order of Meta Games raised $1.5 million to develop a mobile shooter title!
- Neogames joined the Playing for the Planet Alliance
Psyon Games has launched a gamified global COVID-19 vaccine awareness campaign together with WHO, Gavi, UNICEF Finland and many others. The central piece of the campaign is our game Antidote COVID-19, which is the first COVID-19 vaccine themed game that has been accepted to the mobile marketplaces by Google and Apple.This is why you can become the shield against the pandemic by:1. getting vaccinated2. downloading Antidote COVID-193. encouraging others to do the same.Download the game here!
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- 10tons is looking for some artists. Check out the specs here
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.com
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
The application period for October round of Finnish Cultural Foundation’s grants is on! (DL Oct 29) There is money available for game projects, so if you have artistically or culturally interesting game idea, it would be a good idea to use a couple of hours or a day for writing an application. Jaakko Kemppainen can provide some help with the applications.
- Click this link to access Kor-Fin Special Game Week 2021! Valid 20-24th October. Follow the “TO EXHIBITION” sign to play the games! The venue can accommodate a max of 100 users at the same time. We recommend you use the Google Chrome browser on PC or Mac.
- Defend the Rook is coming out next week! It’s a turn-based strategy game where you control the immensely powerful Magister and the three heroes under his command.
- Critical Force held a Proto Competition to the students of Kajaani University of Applied Sciences this sunny summer of 2021. Regarding to that they are publicly endorsing the participants Aleksi Hepo-Oja and Lasse Kauhanen who did a great job. They pushed out a number of great prototypes, one of which was chosen as the best by CF and given awards! Here is a presentation made by them with links to their prototype material.
- One story of Finnish gamedev history (sorry, in Finnish only)
Finnish Game Incubator returns this November 2021 with everything you need to get your game business rolling. You even get an Entrepreneurship degree out of it!Starting November 2021, apply by 22.10.2021Mentors include veteran game developers, marketing experts and CEOsCourtesy of Tampere Game Hub, city of Tampere and AhlmanTotally free & remotely on Discord, limited spots!