Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 43/2021 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 27-29th October Nordic Game Talents | Recruitment & Career Building
- 30-31 OctoberEcocity Game Gathering / Mustakallion Vesitorni, the highest sauna and event venue in Lahti! unfortunately the Ecocity Game Jam (30-31.10.) is cancelled.
- 1st November 2021 Investor & Publisher Connector by; with Game ON Mid Sweden and Bron Innovation connecting Swedish game makers with investors and publishers + Steel Media (Publishers of Pocket Gamer, PC Games Insider, Blockchain Gamer)
- 2-5 November Nordic Game
- 17th-30th November Muotoilu Pyrähdys
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- Veikkaus is looking for Senior Coder
- Niko Nikkilä is a game writer and narrative designer currently on the lookout for new opportunities. Check his CV and portfolio
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.com
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- The application period for October round of Finnish Cultural Foundation’s grants is on! (DL Oct 29) There is money available for game projects, so if you have artistically or culturally interesting game idea, it would be a good idea to use a couple of hours or a day for writing an application. Jaakko Kemppainen can provide some help with the applications.
- Puny game company revealed trailer from their debut title Moadra!