Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine weeks 43/2022 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 26-28th October Games Job Fair Autumn 22
- 28-30th November Zooparty (demoparty)
- 2nd November We in Games and Next Games Breakfast Event
- 1-30th November Free City of Games / Kouvola: Idea call/applying until 1st of October.
- 3rd-4th November Game Connection Europe / Paris
- 16 November Match XR
- 17th-18th Slush Helsinki
- 26-27 November Theme Park. A digital art event
- 7th December “Your First Steps in Unreal Engine” workshop
- 18 – 21 April 2023 GamiFIN Conference. The call for papers is now open! Submission Deadline: December 20th, 2022
- Makea Games lets you make your own games – Finnish game studio raised 1.3mil€ preseed funding round led by Play Ventures
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.com. Additionally, here is an anonymous list of talents who joined our Games Job Fair event and are open to career opportunities. If you want to see someone’s full profile, please feel free to reach out with the Contact button, so that they reach out to the talent for their consent. In your email please specify the project and/or position you are hiring for. A job description would be ideal.
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Uratarinoita, erilaisista ihmisistä / mostly in Finnish, but few different career stories in English too
- Kimble Games will publish Wheelie King 2nd on 12.12.2022
- Theme Park. A digital art event sponsor Remedy, would like to do a portfolio review during the #event. So, if you ever dreamed to work at Remedy, this is your chance:)
- Meliora-tutkimus consists on group of researchers at Aalto University and Helsinki University and they are conducting a research into how games could be used as means of alleviating symptoms of depression. They are looking for participants in the clinical trials currently running in Finland. News coverage on the study: https://www.aalto.fi/…/researchers-develop-a-digital… & https://assembly.org/…/voiko-videopeleilla-lieventaa…
- Edugametion delivers Game Education materials globally and have currently bunch of courses available and used by thousands of international students and partners in key markets. Now they need more materials and courses:
– If you have existing materials, contact us, and we can talk about how to get your materials to the platform and about the pretty good commercial potential and income possibility.– Something we’re looking for immediately: Game Production, any advanced game design courses (board games, game mechanics), any advanced art courses (animation, environment art, ), any specific game programming courses like Ai, graphics, physics, backend– You may also suggest any specific course (like audio, marketing, vr, ar etc)– Our courses are generally 135 hours, 5 credits. 40h courses will also be considered.– You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Have pre Christmas party on Jamk GamePit (sauna, VR, consoles, game computers etc.)