Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 44/2021 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 8th Nov GameSoundCon 2021
- 9th November Tampere Unreal Engine Meetup
- 10th November The Finnish Game Awards 2021. Join the event online at 18.40 at YouTube & Check the Award Nominees in Neogames website
- 17th-30th November Muotoilu Pyrähdys
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- SciPlay’s studio in Finland is looking for (Senior) Product Manager, Back-End Engineer and QA (Engineering) Lead
- Raahen porvari- ja kauppakorkeakoulu is looking for a game programming teacher (in Finnish)
- Niko Nikkilä is a game writer and narrative designer currently on the lookout for new opportunities. Check his CV and portfolio
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.com
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- If you missed the live stream of Game Now! game jam kick-off, you can watch it from Youtube. Some pretty interesting subjective reflections on the Finnish and South Korean game design traditions shared by Mikko Heinonen and Solip Park!
- Toivo Aaron Kallio will be a speaker in GameSoundCon 2021 (taking place from 8 to 10 Nov) in three talks! Two of them will be done with Pasi Pitkänen (Head of Audio at Rovio) and Can Uzer (Senior Sound Designer at Rovio) about the sound design and voice acting in the recent Rovio game Darkfire Heroes. The third talk will be about character sound design work in Returnal, Housemarque’s latest game.
- IGDA Finland announced Support Shirt Design Competition, where you get a chance to design graphics for our new IGDA Finland support shirts! The submission will start 1st of November and lasts until the end of November. Voting starts right after that, on the 1st of December, and lasts 2 weeks.