Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 45/2021 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 11th November Co-creation workshop to make hel.fi welcoming for international parents
- 17th-30th November Muotoilu Pyrähdys
- 19th-21st November; Junction / Innovate with Huawei
- 29th November – 1st Dec Exthereal: Fashion in Extended Reality conference bringing tech, fashion, and gaming together!
- 28-30 Jan 2022 Global Game Jam Now its the time to apply own site. In Person, Online-only, and Hybrid sites too are accepted this year, so there will be something for everyone!
- The Finnish Game Awards 2021 at YouTube .
- Nolla Games with their original indie game Noita was awarded as the Finnish Game of the Year 2020, and it also won Big Screen Game of the Year 2020 award.
- The International Association of Game Developers Finnish chapter IGDA Finland awarded Joni Finne as a Volunteer of the Year 2020. The IGDA Lifetime Achievement Award went to Natasha Skult, former chairman of the Finnish IGDA and current chair of the international IGDA.
- The grand prize of a Bit1 student game competition was handed to Team Script Deprived, whose game DreamScript won the competition last spring.
- Boom Corp was awarded as a Rookie of the Year 2020.
- Action Squad Studios received Creative Achievement of the Year 2020 Award
- Merge Mansion by Metacore was chosen as the Small Screen Game of the Year 2020.
- Rovio von big at the NYX Game Awards!
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- Skunkworks is looking for a Game Programmer (Unity).
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.com
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- FarmVille 3 released globallly (made by Zynga Helsinki)
- Shotgun Gaming Oy just released it’s first VR game for Oculus Quest: Clay Hunt VR
- Non-Finnish speaking parents with 6-16-year-old kid(s) residing in Helsinki are asked to make hel.fi website of basic education welcoming for internationals and to join your co-creation workshop to share ideas! The workshop will take place today 12.11 at 16.00-17.00 online over zoom. Please check out details and confirm your participation through the link . If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
- 4 games from Oulu at top 5 racing games at Apple Appstore.
- MiTale released Kickstarter Campaing for “C.L.A.Y. – The Moving City”
- Virtual Hunter, upcoming open world VR hunting game gameplay overview released.
Hanken’s Sustainablity Unwrapped podcast series on Fostering Diversity and Inclusion in Digital Games Industry. Two guests, Jenni Ahlapuro and Marianne Määttä shared their experiences and offering hands on tips how to tackle some of the inclusion problems in this industry and gamer cultures at large.
- China’s recently enacted Data Security Law and Personal Information Protection Law are giving foreign publishers in the market few more things to consider. Mygamez started cooperation with analytics & customer engagement provider Swrve to make it easier for global publishers to track their game performance in full compliance with the new regulations.