Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 46/2021 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 19th-21st November; Junction / Innovate with Huawei
- 29th November – 1st Dec Exthereal: Fashion in Extended Reality conference bringing tech, fashion, and gaming together!
- 2nd Dec. Luxonia x Skunkworks Presents: Tungevaag
- 28-30 Jan 2022 Global Game Jam Now its the time to apply own site. In Person, Online-only, and Hybrid sites too are accepted this year, so there will be something for everyone!
- HypeHype, formerly known as Frogmind, has launched a mobile app to enable everyone to create, remix, and play games with their smartphones and the company has raised $15.5 million from Supercell to further develop HypeHype.
- Rovio pledges to be carbon neutral by 2022
- Remedy is officially expanding to Sweden in 2022 by opening a Swedish subsidiary. Remedy Entertainment has embraced a more hybrid model of working, multiple Sweden–based senior game developers has joined the studio working fully remotely
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- BeiZ and Lola Panda team are looking for partner, development director and next CEO – all in one package. Lola Panda apps have helped millions of children to learn to read, count and to develop logical thinking in 12 languages. Now company is in process of making comprehensive learning solution.
- Kim Soares is looking for CTO and Design Lead. Company still in stealth mode, so ping Kim directly
– Senior AR Game developer or Senior AR technology programmer– Experienced UX designer– (Senior) Game Developer– Full-stack DeveloperValo Motion creates active XR experiences combining computer games with real-life sports that move people daily in 60+ countries.
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.comTake a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- 10tons releases DYSMANTLE 1.0 on Steam and GOG
- Rehaboo at Platform6 Startup House GrandOpening party.
- The biggest game industry champion in Finnish politics, previous MP Jyrki Kasvi has passed away. For years Jyrki was our go-to man in parliament and politics and he helped Finnish Game Industry to gain understanding in highest political level.
- Surviving the Aftermath is now live with 1.0 after early access! Available on Steam/Epic/Xbox/Playstation and Switch
- Digi & Game Center has 500 followers at Linkedin!
- Remedy released its financial results for the quarter ended September, 30, 2021 “In the quarter, our business progressed as planned and the outlook for the year remains unchanged. Both revenue and profitability fluctuate from quarter to quarter based on game launches, promotions and the lifecycle stage of the different projects in our game development portfolio. We expect this impact to decline over time as our multi-project model progresses and we have more sources of revenue and profits,” Remedy CEO Tero Virtala commented.