Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 46/2023 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 14th IGDA Helsinki November meetup
- 14th November Unreal meetup / Tampere
- 17th November. Game Business Loves Product! Teemu Haila / Fireside chat with game entrepreneur turned game tech entrepreneur
- 21 November EACEA Agency (who handles the applications) organizes an online info session in English about this Creative Europe funding
- 23rd November NON-TOXIC seminar /Helsinki
- 23rd November The Unreal Engine Finland Meetup Group visiting Housemarque
- 24th November. Game Business Loves Product! Anna Salomaa PC games with publisher!
- 28-29 November Nordic Game Conference Helsinki
- To get a pass with half-price, act now! Last chance: NG23 Helsinki half-price offer ends 13th October!,
- 29th of Nov. Creative Finland House x SHINE! networking event + Come and pitch your idea!
- 29th November Match XR
- 30th Nov.-1st Dec. SLUSH
- 14th Dec Creative Europe Media Desk in Finland organizes an info session to those interested in Creative Europe funding opportunities.
- 7th February Over 7 Hills 2023 / Turku
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- If you are a Facebook user and looking for jobs in gaming in Finland, make sure to follow Pelialan työpaikat Suomessa Facebook group hosted by Finnish employment agency Duunitori. Open positions tagged to game industry are shared in the group automatically. We are in no way affiliated with Duunitori, but wanted to point out this resource as another good way to check out open positions.
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.com. Additionally, here is an anonymous list of talents who joined our Games Job Fair event and are open to career opportunities. If you want to see someone’s full profile, please feel free to reach out with the Contact button, so that they reach out to the talent for their consent. In your email please specify the project and/or position you are hiring for. A job description would be ideal.
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Uratarinoita, erilaisista ihmisistä / mostly in Finnish, but few different career stories in English too
- A homebrew N64 game (the first of its kind in Finland), Kumi-Daiko Beatoff is now playable on PlayStation and Nintendo Switch!
- Creative Europe funding for games 2024 has been announced (deadline for application on January 24th, 2024) – regarding to funding there are two info sessions:
Info session by EACEA on Nov 21, 2023EACEA Agency (who handles the applications) organizes an online info session in English about this Creative Europe funding. The session will be organized in English, and will take place on November 21st 2023 at 15.30-18.00 (Finnish time). Participants can ask questions in chat or vocally during the info session.Meeting link: https://ecconf.webex.com/ecconf/j.php…
Meeting number: 2744 539 7715
Meeting password: t2eWMrBB@43 (82396722 from phones)Session will be recorded, and the recording will be found after the session here: https://www.eacea.ec.europa.eu/…/online-sessions…—
Info session by the Finnish Media desk on Dec 14, 2023
Creative Europe Media Desk in Finland organizes an info session to those interested in Creative Europe funding opportunities. Session will be held online on Thursday 14th of December 14.00-15.30 (Finnish time). Info session will be held in English, but questions and discussion may occur also in Finnish.
Please register by 13.12. by sending e-mail to email@example.com– link to the interested participants will be sent to those who have registered.
- Alan Wake 2 got eight(!) nominations at The Game Awards.
- European Game Developers Federation (EGDF) is organizing a webinar on EU funding possibilities in 2024 for European games industry.
- There are many talents in this group from outside of Finland, but perhaps considering to come over one day to build a career in the games industry Oleg Paliy had a pleasure to sit down with Chris Hong to talk about how does it actually feel like after 5 years here.
- 2023 Game Industry Alumni Search Survey for Jyväskylä, Central Finland. Hunt for the people that are Graduated or have been in the game industry scene from Jyväskylä, Central Finland and are working in Game Companies elsewhere.
- Pax Dei is having an open alpha test of the cozy parts of their game next week. If you’re interested in a sandbox MMO, the sign-ups are still open!