Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 48/2021 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 7th December Digital gaming sector co-operation opportunities between Finland and Turkey
- 9th December Helsinki Games Capital is co-organizing AppGallery Games Evening with Huawei
- 28-30 Jan 2022 Global Game Jam Now its the time to apply own site. In Person, Online-only, and Hybrid sites too are accepted this year, so there will be something for everyone!
- Play Ventures revealed its new fund for blockchain gaming investments: The Play Future Fund. The Fund has made three commitments already, and is focused on the intersection of web3 and gaming.
- Mainframe announced a €17.3 million new funding round! News in Finnish and coverage in English from Bloomberg
- Supremacy Games releases the first NFT game coming from Finland – Race Team Rivals NFT Garage. Limited Series 1 drops on December 9, and the game client is already playable on iOS. Head to nft.raceteamrivals.com and join waitlist & discord now.
Open jobs & Recruitment:
Join the future of 𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐲 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧! HypeHype is looking for 𝐐𝐀 𝐓𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 (as well as several other positions). For the QA, you don’t have to be a senior lead type – just need passion for QA & playing games and a ‘can do’ mindset. Send your open application to firstname.lastname@example.org. More positions here.
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.comTake a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- YAHAHA, a UGC company based in Helsinki, is interested in knowing more about your experience when using Asset marketplaces. Check the short survey. Also feel free to join their discord server at to get a chance to network, and learn more about development and business through workshops, podcasts and peer discussions.
- Gender in Play project has published three new articles focusing on character representation and diversity in Finnish games. Women character representation and diversity in Finnish games, Character diversity, What kind of characters players would like to have. Find more info about Gender in Play project here.
- The new episode of Solip’s Comic“Game Expat Story – season 2” is out!