Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 47/2021 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 29th November – 1st Dec Exthereal: Fashion in Extended Reality conference bringing tech, fashion, and gaming together!
- 2nd Dec. Luxonia x Skunkworks Presents: Tungevaag
- 9th December Helsinki Games Capital is co-organizing AppGallery Games Evening with Huawei
- 28-30 Jan 2022 Global Game Jam Now its the time to apply own site. In Person, Online-only, and Hybrid sites too are accepted this year, so there will be something for everyone!
See also The Game Industry Events calendar Game Conference Guide Calendar Flemish Game association calendar
- Housemarque won Breaktrough Award at Golden Joysticks!
- Icelandic games studio 1939 Games has announced the opening of a new development unit in Helsinki, Finland that will focus on the development of mobile games.
- Living Game Intelligence Network has secured a round of funding with the City of Helsinki, for nearly three years!
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- Jari Jokela asks where are open positions of Game industry notified. Answers are:
- At Play Finland Facebook group
- Weekly news by Neogames Finland
- Companies own sites https://neogames.fi/about-the-industry/?partner-type=game-development-and-publishing
- It is recommended to participate in IGDA events
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.comTake a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- The Centre of Excellence in Game Culture Studies: Today at 12:00 UTC+2 our researcher Jani Kinnunen will defend his doctoral dissertation Rahat, peli ja rahapelaamisen sosiaaliset palkkiot (Monies, game and social rewards of gambling). Professor Tanja Sihvonen from University of Vaasa will be the opponent while Professor Frans Mäyrä will act as the custos. The event can be followed online. The dissertation is available here
- Solip Park is looking for sponsorship to Game Expats Stories
- Why Boom Beach is still booming 8 years on – Supercell game lead Laura Gilliland talks suiting the players’ needs