Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 48/2023 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 30th Nov.-1st Dec. SLUSH
- 14th Dec Creative Europe Media Desk in Finland organizes an info session to those interested in Creative Europe funding opportunities.
- 7th February Over 7 Hills 2023 / Turku
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- Huuuge is looking for part-time Office Manager to join supporting us at Huuuge Games’ studio in Finland
- If you are a Facebook user and looking for jobs in gaming in Finland, make sure to follow Pelialan työpaikat Suomessa Facebook group hosted by Finnish employment agency Duunitori. Open positions tagged to game industry are shared in the group automatically. We are in no way affiliated with Duunitori, but wanted to point out this resource as another good way to check out open positions.
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.com. Additionally, here is an anonymous list of talents who joined our Games Job Fair event and are open to career opportunities. If you want to see someone’s full profile, please feel free to reach out with the Contact button, so that they reach out to the talent for their consent. In your email please specify the project and/or position you are hiring for. A job description would be ideal.
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Uratarinoita, erilaisista ihmisistä / mostly in Finnish, but few different career stories in English too
- Creative Europe funding for games 2024 has been announced (deadline for application on January 24th, 2024) – regarding to funding there are two info sessions:
Info session by the Finnish Media desk on Dec 14, 2023
Creative Europe Media Desk in Finland organizes an info session to those interested in Creative Europe funding opportunities. Session will be held online on Thursday 14th of December 14.00-15.30 (Finnish time). Info session will be held in English, but questions and discussion may occur also in Finnish.
Please register by 13.12. by sending e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org– link to the interested participants will be sent to those who have registered.
- If you’re a Finnish games company headed for GDC next year, consider stopping by in LA first! There is a special event regarding game industry on Fri, Mar 15 to mingle with some great folks in town. DM Zsuzsa James or email on email@example.com for more info
- The Neogames Finland ry. team attended Nordic Game Conference (NordicGame), an official game industry side event of #Slush2023. + KooPee Hiltunen hosted a talk titled “The Games Industry in Europe – Mapping Status and Trends”.
#XmasJKL returned with premium quality learning content from various rolemodels and superstars of the industry, a relaxed atmosphere with plenty of networking and honing the tradition of Finnish demo scene with Jamk Game Production students’ demos at display!
MiTale team and “Willow Guard” game was showcased at ThanksGaming LIVE event and Women Indies Showcase