Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 5/2022from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 9th February Finnish Game Incubator Demo Day 2022 hosted by Tampere Game Hub and AhlmanEdu! Eight game pitches and much more from our third batch of Finnish Game Incubator – live on Twitch 9.2.2022 from 18:00 Finnish time onwards.
- 14-15th Feb. Pocket Gamer Connects London 2022 [LIVE!]
- Discount for PlayFinland members with code: PLAYFINLAND20
- 9th March concert by Game Music Collective
- 15-17th March Game Development World Championship hybrid awards.
- 18th March Seminar (in Finnish) about Game Education in Finland / Pelialan koulutus Suomessa -seminaari
- 21st – 25th Mar 2022 GDC 2022 / San Francisco
- March 28th, April 28th, May 19th, June 9th 2022, 4-6pm (CET) Towards Anti-Racist Game Development in Europe Workshop
- 27-29th April Games Job Fair
- 24th – 28th Aug 2022 Gamescom 2022 / Cologne
Open jobs & Recruitment:
SciPlay Finland is hiring Monetization Designer / Game Designerin Oulu or Helsinki, Finland. + Several other positions also open (can be found from LinkedIn): QA Lead, Senior Producer / Production Director and 2D/UI Artist
- Lightneer is looking for a new Game Programmer and Senior Producer to join their team in Helsinki to create hyper and hybrid casual games!Job in Finnish. Jaakko Kemppainen etsii henkilöä joka voisi vetää huhtikuussa pari päivää pelisuunnittelutyöpajaa ja esitellä työtään Orimattilassa. Lisätiedot Jaakolta
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.comTake a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- The Business Finland Innovation Voucher renewed. It is intended for SMEs with a new product or service idea that has potential to grow internationally, and that cannot be implemented without external expertise. The Innovation voucher provides an opportunity to buy expert services that bring new information and expertise required for innovation to your company. As a result of the reform, the grant is rised to EUR 5 000, which is 100% of the amount of the purchased services excluding VAT. The aid is transferred to the beneficiary after the beneficiary has approved and paid for the work performed by the chosen service provider.
- Solip’s Comic new episode summarized some of the incidents told by my American interviewees.
- Random Potion has launched a new Kickstarter for Ignis Universia.
- The most valuable lessons from Angry Birds Journey’s development that you can take forward to other titles
- This year as part of Global Game Jam, Hive -Turku Game Hub and Turku Game Lab have once again hosted Finnish Game Jam site in Turku. Check all the games here
- Finnish Museum of Games 5th anniversary stream
- Announcing Kickstarter campaign LAUNCH DATE for the narrative artbook C.L.A.Y. – The Moving City
- For anybody who’s on the fence about relocating to Finland, Noemi Cugudda from Housemarqu says go for it!