Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 50/2023 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 18th December Global Horizons: Employment in the Game Industry / Helsinki XR Center
- 7th February Over 7 Hills 2023 / Turku
- Remedy’s Alan Wake 2 won three awards on The Game Awards, one of the most prestigious events in the industry; Best Art Direction, Best Game Direction and Best Narrative.
- Supercell, SmallGiant, ReworksStudios and Riot China co-founders supports $1.6M funding round in Finnish-Chinese publisher MyGamez. Supercell co-founder Mikko Kodisoja, Small Giant Games co-founder Timo Soininen, Reworks co-founder Ilkka Teppo and former Riot China head of operations Daniel Wang are on board
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- If you are a Facebook user and looking for jobs in gaming in Finland, make sure to follow Pelialan työpaikat Suomessa Facebook group hosted by Finnish employment agency Duunitori. Open positions tagged to game industry are shared in the group automatically. We are in no way affiliated with Duunitori, but wanted to point out this resource as another good way to check out open positions.
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.com. Additionally, here is an anonymous list of talents who joined our Games Job Fair event and are open to career opportunities. If you want to see someone’s full profile, please feel free to reach out with the Contact button, so that they reach out to the talent for their consent. In your email please specify the project and/or position you are hiring for. A job description would be ideal.
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Uratarinoita, erilaisista ihmisistä / mostly in Finnish, but few different career stories in English too
- Creative Europe funding for games 2024 deadline for application is on January 24th, 2024
- Jamk Game Production teams, In DemoLab all of the students spend an entire semester on creating a brand new game. Check them out: https://store.steampowered.com/publ…/JamkGames/list/115429
- Supermoves from Makea Games is coming to PC and consoles in 2024. Wishlist now on Steam
- SuomiGameHUB: Interview (in Finnish): “EMUUROM” game developer Borb sheds light on development for fantasy consoles
- BFinland’s first co-investment fund launched angel investors to provide new capital for startups. A completely new type of fund starts in the Finnish capital market, investing in early-stage companies together with angel investors. The new co-investment fund provides public and private funding for businesses selected by angel investors. The fund’s capital is EUR 30 million provided by Business Finland Venture Capital Oy (BFVC). The fund is managed by investment company Innovestor
- Tampere University Game Research Lab’s project PEGASUS: Promoting Equity and Game Cultural Sustainability in Finland was granted funding for 2024-2025 from the Academy of Finland Proof of Concept Funding.