Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 51/2020 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 18th December The (international) Games Industry Holiday Party Palooza (online)
- 25th January Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Founding a Game Company (in Finland), Again” (online)
- 26th January GamesBeat: Driving Game Growth & Into the Metaverse: Industry leaders online for two days of gaming content surrounding game growth after IDFA and the latest on the metaverse
- 15th February Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Building Sustainable Gaming Cultures” (online)
- 29th March Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Fostering Playful Experiences with Wearables” (online)
- March 2021(Date tbc) British Academy Games Awards
- Tuesday 2 March 2021 – Nominations announced
- March 2021 (Date tbc) – British Academy Games Awards
- 19th April Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Next Generation of Interactive Streaming” (online)
- 3rd May Games Now! open lecture series at Aalto University; “Art of Learning by Doing – The Great Game Jam Panel” (online)
- 19th-23rd of July GDC 2021
See also The Game Industry Events calendar
EGDF in co-operation with Slovak Game Developers Association has build gameconfguide.com for complete list of games industry events and conferences and their status.
- Nitro Games has secured a global exclusive license for Nerf by Hasbro to develop a mobile action game based on Nerf blasters.
- PlayFinland Facebook group will be on Holiday break beginning on next week and all posts will require admin approval to be published. Meanwhile we wish you Happy and Relaxing Holidays!
Open jobs & Recruitment:
Zoran Zixx Kalinic is looking for internship position in gaming /tech – please contact (firstname.lastname@example.org/0451245510)
- BusinessFinland has launched a nationwide job board to advertise jobs for #English speakers in #Finland. Advertising the open positions in the portal is free of charge for the companies.
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals in Finland for short or long term hire – please check out ever growing #GamesFactoryTalentBoard and please reach out for details! Also if you are #Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry feel free to apply! https://gamesfactorytalents.com
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
Veli-Pekka Piirainen asks if anyone in Play Finland have experience working with foreign freelancer programmers (client and/or backend) in your game project ? If yes, how have you handled possible security risks like sharing access to your development systems and source code?
Sofia Rinskoi rised discussion about Cyperpunk romance options
Hologram Monster has a New website
Gamecan hosted a successful online conference for Estonian schools and others interested to hear more about the gaming industry. Our goal is to grow awareness of the game industry careers, hoping our events will make our youth consider this path for their future. A big part of our inspiration for these educational events comes from Finland. Estonian independent game studioIf you’re interested, you can view the event from the link.
- entire Nordic Game 2020 online program (amazing and beneficial talks from industry professionals!) and special events on their Discord channel for only 20 EUR.
Players are tasked to revive 100 million trees in Hay Day. Reaching this goal, they help protect 1 million trees in real life(in Zimbabwe)!
- The PX Hub: How Fall Guys used Social Media & Community Planning as a Catalyst to Success
JR Production Games is part of Game Development World Championship + Check the Voxel World with marching cubes in Virtual Reality