Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 6/2022 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 14-15th Feb. Pocket Gamer Connects London 2022 [LIVE!]
- Discount for PlayFinland members with code: PLAYFINLAND20
- 16th Feb Breakpoint
- 9th March concert by Game Music Collective
- 15-17th March Game Development World Championship hybrid awards.
- 18th March Seminar (in Finnish) about Game Education in Finland / Pelialan koulutus Suomessa -seminaari
- 21-25th Mar 2022 GDC 2022 / San Francisco
- March 28th, April 28th, May 19th, June 9th 2022, 4-6pm (CET) Towards Anti-Racist Game Development in Europe Workshop
- 20-22nd April Bit1: Prebits:
- Tampere 20th of April
- Helsinki 21st of April
- Turku 22nd of April
- 27-29th April Games Job Fair
- 24-28th Aug 2022 Gamescom 2022 / Cologne
- Young game devs wanted! Bit1 competition is for young developers and Prebits are coming up!
- Bonus Stage Publishing is preparing for their first Steam bundle. If you want to get your game to that bundle contact them: team (at) bonusstage.co.
- Remedy’s Crossfire X single player campaign Operation Catalyst has been released for Xbox
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- Traplight is hiring a Client Programmer.
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.comTake a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Taidetutka is looking for writers. The publication is mainly in Finnish, but there has been some texts in English too.
- Latest episode of Solip’s Comic is based on interviews from Korean game expats – and introduces Korean outlook on lunch hour
- Jyväskylä is interesting and cool place to develop games.
- Looking for office space in Jyväskylä? Check Digi & Game Center’s free office space.
- Baltic Explorers introduced one of their pitching mentors: Mike Bradshaw from Sampo Accelerator.
- Harri Tarkka shared his drawing of Froggie the warrior.
- Want to du business in Estonian gamedev industry? Joonas Pylvinen is your huckleberry – he just joined Gamedev Estonia’s roster.
- Ally Hue shared blog post about details of UI animation in Unity Animator.
- Game Studies Thesis Competition 2022 is here again. The thesis must be submitted by 28.2.2022. See more information from the link