Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 8/2022 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 2nd March – 6th April Business Oulu is organizing series of lectures to support Game business. Lectures can be followed also online
- 8-9th March Get Funded at Arcade5 and online.
- 15-17th March Game Development World Championship hybrid awards.
- 18th March Seminar (in Finnish) about Game Education in Finland / Pelialan koulutus Suomessa -seminaari
- 21-25th Mar 2022 GDC 2022 / San Francisco
- March 28th, April 28th, May 19th, June 9th 2022, 4-6pm (CET) Towards Anti-Racist Game Development in Europe Workshop
- 20-22nd April Bit1: Prebits:
- Tampere 20th of April
- Helsinki 21st of April
- Turku 22nd of April
- 27-29th April Games Job Fair
- 11th May concert by Game Music Collective
- 24-28th Aug 2022 Gamescom 2022 / Cologne
- EGDF Condemns Putin Regime’s War Against Ukraine And Asks The EU To Stand Up
- Housemarque’s Returnal won two prizes at DICE; Outstanding Achievement in Original Music Composition and Audio Design.
Kitka Games is a new success story from Kajaani game development scene. The article is in Finnish, the main points are:– 7 employees, all graduated from Kajaani University (mostly game development curriculum)– their mobile game is Stumble guys– 60M downloads so far– last year’s revenue 7M€, profit 2M€– run rate at the moment 20-30M– DAU has spiked 4.6M
- If you are interested to pitch at the Investor track at Get funded, please note the application deadline for that is on 25th Feb!
- Game Studies Thesis Competition 2022 is here again. The thesis must be submitted by 28.2.2022.
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- Kuuhub is looking for a Senior Unity Developer
- Tower Pop is looking for a Senior Unity Developer, a Web Developer, a 2D Game Artist and a Community Manager
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.comTake a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Discussion about how often players have audio on while playing games
- Minna Porvari is looking for (especially) women to tell us their concrete experiences and thoughts about gaming and the gaming industry, as well as ideas on how to promote equality in the field in the future. See the survey
Pasi A. Jokinen is asking about scientific studies or books on the importance of attributes like color, size, and shape in object recognition & differentiation?
- The Level Up Team by Supercell shares their greetings from their program
- Solip’s Comic Game Expats Story – comic about international game devs in Finland. This week is from the interviews with Mexican game devs