Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine weeks 25-28/2019 from the Finnish Game Industry.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 12th-14th July / Illusion (+Ilosaarirock) Joensuu
- 16th July Games UR/UX Finland Picnic / Helsinki
- 1st-4th August Assembly Summer / Helsinki
- 20th-22nd August. Gamescom / Cologne
- 20th Aug; IGDA Finland Helsinki Hub Summer Party with Supercell
- 21st Steptember IT and GAMES job Fair in Kiev
- space for couple of more games studios for the annual IT and Games Job Fair Kyiv on 21st of September.
- September 30th Leadership Day by IGDA FInland / Helsinki
- 1st-2nd Oct Pocket Gamer Connects Helsinki.
- 14th-15th November YSÄRI GAME JAM! if you are interested ping Licia Prehn
- 19th November; Press Start invites 1,000 game developers to the Cable Factory for a free kick-off to the Slush Week.
- Learn from industry veterans, connect with peers, get a glimpse into some up-and-coming games and meet a pool of investors. And let’s not forget the after-party.
- The first speakers and open applications to the event will be released in August.
- You will also have an opportunity to submit your game to be showcased on stage.
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar
Neogames is creating a tool for the city of Helsinki summarising all key games industry related events in Helsinki
Open jobs & Recruitment
- Looking for job;
- Get your self matched in Game Factory Talents. Find your place in the Finnish Games Industry
- Games Factory Talents have introduced a new platform to make your talent visible for the game studios. They are building a community of developers to showcase, making it easier for the game studios to find the talent they need.
- “Instead of building a platform only for job seeking game industry professionals, we wanted a platform where the game studios could come and meet the talent even before they start the long and expensive process of advertising an open job position. Our Talent Board features industry professionals from all levels of experience to most of the various positions studios might be looking to fill”, explains Kim Bäckroos, CEO of the newly formed Games Factory Talents.
- New talent is being added to the Talent Board constantly, and Games Factory Talents are inviting all industry professionals and game studios to take part. Head over Games Factory Talents to look at the talent and job positions available and make yourself visible for the hiring studios.Follow Games Factory Talents on social media for the latest news and information on any upcoming talent acquisition events.
- Jobs in Games: Rovio’s Heini Kaihu on how to get a job as head of studio.
- if people are interested in taking part in ‘Jobs in Games’ series feel free to get in touch with Craig Chapple!
- Curious on how to enter the Games Industry? Take a look at http://www.devs.tv/jobs/ for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Boom Pilot is out on the App Store and Google Play
- Total Party Kill is now available on Steam, App Store and Google Play!
- Two Men and a Dog is proud to present our new game, WALK MASTER, out today!
- Trials GO; New trials game to try out on INSIDE fb messenger. So its Fb messenger game that you can play in Finland now on any chatroom.
- VR game, Cave Digger is about to get a HUGE expansion on STEAM
- ABANDONED – Planet Deserra, from Menininki Studios
- Grab a sauna in STONE (Aussie game with a Finnish soul) on Steam from Convict Games.
- Redhill Games has closed a total of $11,4 million investment.
- Nitro Games signs agreement with Avalanche Studios
- Join the next the next generation of the Finnish games industry super talents. Next Games is launching “Next Games Game Developer Academy“
- Kopla Games hit one million knights in the first three weeks for Nonstop Knight 2
- Kimble Games‘ Drag Bikes Online is on top three in Italy
- Psyon Games and Antidote in the front page of VaccinesToday!
- New riddle unraveling; Trials Rising Riddle >> Trials Records
- Elite Game Developers podcast: Learning as a First Time Founder with Olesja Marjalaakso, Co-Founder and CEO of Polka Dot Studio
- Ravegan Games is coming to visit in Finland in August 12th-16th!
- If anyone happens to be in LA on July 13-14 and would like to check this out, the Finnish gamedev community were given some complimentary tickets. PM Zsuzsa James for codez!
- Martti Suosalo näyttelee hahmoa Remedyn uudessa pelissä: “Kun mä kotona kerroin lapsille meneväni tämmöiseen, niin ne oli ihan että etkä!”
- Cryptic Cargo portable and self-controlled escape rooms are in the finals of INVIO experience technology solution competition in Denmark
As a part of Baltic Game Industry -project, Neogames has taken a look how to approach framework changes to improve the conditions of the game industry in Helsinki area. If you are interested of the situation in other countries in Baltic Sea Region, take a look here ((2) Communication map and an innovation dialogue documentation). The project Baltic Game Industry is financed by the European Union from the European Regional Development Fund, within the programme Interreg Baltic Sea Region.
- Elite Game Developers podcast: Staying Fiercely Independent and How Culture is King with Josh Nilson from East Side Games
- the Small Giant Games team about their work making Empires & Puzzles a massive success story.
- Oku Luukkasesta tehtiin kännykkäpeli
- Carolina A. Islas Sedano is asking you to participate to the survey aiming to create better Mazes and Labyrinths
- The interview (in Finnish) by Turku Business Region about The HIVE – Turku Game Hub, MiTale; Peliteknologiat avaavat mahdollisuuksia kaikille toimialoille
- If you didn’t make it to Games First London 2019, you can new check out Supercell’s and Space Ape’s talks from YouTube
- Second panelist of DevsTalk: Filippo Vicarelli
- Jyväskyläläinen Psyon Games ja kansainvälinen lääkejätti Glaxo Smith Klinen tekivät yhteisen kampanjavideon – tarkoituksena tavoittaa etenkin nuoret miehet
- If you are interested in becoming a speaker at the Games Research and User Experience Finland Group Meet Up or are a company interested in recruiting UR/UX talent or sponsoring the event please feel free get in touch with Jasmin Dahncke.
- Elite Game Developers podcast: Building a Successful Games Company with Kalle Makinen and Aarni Linnakangas
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out previous week’s list.