Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine weeks 30-32/2018 from the Finnish Game Industry.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 21st-25th August Games Com Cologne
- 8th September Intuitive Digital Workflow with Loish / Turku
- 11-12th September Pocket Gamer Connects
- Exclusive 20% discount using code FINLAND20.
- October 19th Monetization in Games: Past, Present and Future – ft. John Romero / Helsinki
- 24th-26th October, Join Neogames and the Nordics at Game Connection Europe / Paris
- 19-23 November 2018, Nanjing: IMGA Judging Sessions, China Game Design Seminar and the Awards Ceremony & Parties
- 22-24th May Nordic Game Conference
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar
- Saranen consulting hakee tekijää positioon “industry specialist, games & digitalization
- Open positions at Critical Force
- Stadin ammattiopisto is looking for game programming teacher (Unity) for 1st and 2nd year Game Development courses at Helsinki Arabia campus. Short term or long term post. Flexible hours. Possibility also for some late afternoon/evening classes. More info: email@example.com / 0408255062
- More jobs at gamesjobs.fi
- Wheelie Rider 3D released on Appstore USA
- Snowfall Ltd. release Moomin Match & Explore on Google Play ja App Store (In China too)
- Happy Hobgoblin Royal Adviser for Android. Tell the King or the Queen or the President or the Emperor how to run the country.
- Kunniatohtorit 2018 – Vastuullinen yritysjohtaja: Ilkka Paananen.
- Annakaisa Kultima will be chairing International Conference on Game Jams, Hackathons, and Game Creations Events (ICGJ) this year
- Big Ear Games received 2nd Place in the Big Indie Pitch in Shanghai’s China Joy 2018!
- Entrepreneurial Marketing Program For Nordic Creative Tech Companies in New York
- Frozenbyte prepares for lift-off
- Local lady from Pyhtää, population under 5300. Founder of Pomenia, Finland’s hottest startup in May 2018 according to Startup100. Mother of six & alumni from our Levelup Startup Accelerator program. (article in Finnish)
- KBS Korean TV interview & film visited at the Levelup Startup Accelerator, then headed to Nitro Games & Ship Startup Festival for their upcoming documentary on game business in Kotka area of Finland.
- Unity Ads changed the payment schedule to 60 days net and reporting is done maybe 10-15 days before the payment is done. This puts all developers (in Finland especially) using Unity Ads in a situation where VAT filing needs to be done before actual income is known (forces us do estimate + correction) and also the taxes on the filed VAT estimate needs to be paid before the money earned is on our account.
- Kiinnostaako Nintendo-peleistä kirjoittaminen tai videoiden tekeminen suomeksi? Kasvava Fintendo-yhteisö etsii toimitukseen uusia jäseniä.
- “Assemblyä voisi pitää jonkinlaisena peligrafiikan ja 3D-osaamisen olympialaisina. Sillä on suuri merkitys Suomen startup-skenelle”
- Clash of Clans players still spending $1.5m a day in 2018
- Toni Arvilommi offers awesome music/sounds for your next project.
- Grazy Rally Pitch event in Jyväskylä
- Huge update in Piranh.io for iOS and Android
- Licia Prehn offers voiceover and narration services
- Gregory Pellechi blog about Comedy as a genre
- Next Games new AR game, Walking Dead Our World was top 10 game download in over 40 countries on the week it was released
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out previous week’s list.