Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine the weeks 30-32/2017 from the Finnish Game Industry. Check out all the events, news and job openings!
See also the latest (updated) report of the Finnish Game Industry.
- Aug. 22-26th Games Com / Cologne
- Sept. 19-20th PG Connects Helsinki
- Sept. 20th Game Music Collective in Concert. Listen the sample
- Sept. 22-23 4C Conference at St. Petersburg
- Oct. 5-6th Northern Game Summit, Kajaani
- Oct 11, 20917. Finland 100Y goes Women in Tech 2017
- 19.-21.10. on areenatapahtuma Turussa. Mukana lanit, eSM-turnauksia, miniatyyriturnauksia, MTG:ia, expo-alue, tubettajia (esim. eeddspeaks ja Ink Owl) Tapahtuman liput ovat myynnissä nyt
- Nov. 1st – 3rd Game Connection Europe => Join The Nordics DL: Sept. 18th
- 16-19th Nov. G-Star Korea
- 17-18th of Nov 2017 #XmasJKL is coming AGAING!
- 30Nov-1st Dec SLUSH HELSINKI
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar
- Kuuasema is looking for new game programmers, both junior and senior! Work with the coolest team and the hottest brands.
- Game producer! Join team Unity!
- Several open positions (both junior and senior/veteran) at Seriously
- o Game Programmers
o Level Designers
o Data Scientists
o Tech / QA Engineer
o QA/Game Tester
- o Game Programmers
- Wanted: Game programming teacher for 1st year game development course at Helsinki Vocational College (Stadin ammattiopisto).
– Unity 3D Basic course (30h)
– Game Programming Basic course (60h)
Dates: 16.8. – 15.9.2017. Info & applications: Mikko Sallinen, email@example.com, 040 8255062
- If you are interested in serious games, Visual Components is looking for Software Engineers and a Senior Software Engineer to join our growing team at our headquarters in Espoo, Finland. Check out our open positions
- Creeng is looking for freelancer 2D artist. The start is supposed to be latest in September and duration would be 2-3 months. Send your portfolio including pricing info directly at alexey.zerkin (at) creeng.com
- Santeri Koivisto from 5more minutes is looking for teams for cooperation in game development.
- NouHätä etsii pelinkehittäjää/tiimiä valtakunnalliseen voittoa tuottamattoman organisaation pelastustaitokampanjaan, joka on suunnattu 8-luokkalaisille nuorille ja heidän opettajilleen. Tarve on pelastamis- ja pelastautumissisältöiselle AR-pohjaiselle pelille (vrt. Pokemon), jonka nuoret ja opettajat voisivat itse imuroida älypuhelimiinsa, niin pelaamis- kuin oppimistarkoituksessa. (Optiona: VR-laseilla koettava elämyksellinen pelastautumis/pelastamis-pätkä, kestoltaan max 2 minuuttia.) Laita tarjouksesi ja lisäkysymyksesi osoitteeseen ami(at)huvila.fi
- Big Ear Games is looking for A GAME DEVELOPER (Unity) for their debut title in Mobile Music Making. Location: Helsinki. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- 700+ game companies in the Nordics to get an overview of game development jobs available right now. Currently 440 job openings in Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Norway – browse through them at http://gameform.eu/
- More jobs at gamesjobs.fi
- 10tons releases Time Recoil on Steam – Kill to Slow Time!
- Silly Walks is out on iOS
- Silly Walks featured in a buttloads of places, and US #5.
- Dyna Knight from Parta Games is out on the App Store!
- Iceflake Studios Oy‘s Race Arcade released on #Xbox One.
- A new release from Team Jolly Roger, this time together with Team17!
- Pikoon is now on the App Store
- Space Frontier, a game done in collaboration with LynxSwamp and published by Ketchapp, is out.
- Space Frontier is rising through the charts! In multiple Global list 1st position, including countries like UK, and in a buttloads of Games list 1st position including Spain, Germany and Italy. US is on the rise being at 3rd position in Games.
- Galaxy Bandit as a result of 4mob gamesa mini game jam.
- Part Time Monkey’s games have now been downloaded more than 5 million times!
- Grand Cru signs publishing deal with Nexon for Battlejack.
- Seepia’s Pet Petters was selected to top-15 finalists in Appodeal Indie Game Contest. You can vote here: https://contest.appodeal.com/#petpetters
- Episode 9: Ilari Kuittinen, The Oldest Gaming CEO in Finland
- A summer job in a WW2 Tank Factory can turn the tide in a young man’s life…
- Critically acclaimed Lydia now with 33% discount on Steam.
- Strobotnik‘s video.
- Power Hover, has gained almost 5M downloads.
- The GDWC has launched a new feature, in which they showcase indie games submitted onto their competition on their website weekly, in addition to allowing for voting the best game of each week, which will then participate in the “fan favourite” category to give more visibility to devs.
- Lauri Koskenniemi won in Assembly’s Listening music compo this year. Here’s a link to Soundcloud. Now interested to take on his first game project. email at email@example.com
- New teaser from http://planetrism.com
- Assembly Summer 2017: GameDevCompany interview
- Playing it cool: How Snowfall is building a business on one external IP
- Very interesting interview of a gamer (only in finnish unfortenately)
- VR game Planetrism was revealed as one of three winners in the NVIDIA Edge Program
- First screenshots from Stirring Abyss.
- Nash Racing, minor indie early access racing project in major discount on STEAM.
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out previous week’s list.