Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 15/2022 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 19th April Game Designers – Finland @ Skunkworks! meetup
- 20-22nd April Bit1: Prebits:
- Tampere 20th of April
- Helsinki 21st of April
- Turku 22nd of April
- 26th April in LA and 27-28th April online GamesBeat Summit. Check ticket code here.
- 27-29th April Games Job Fair
- 11th May concert by Game Music Collective
- 17th May Bit1 Final
- 17-20th May Nordic Game Conference
- 24-28th Aug 2022 Gamescom 2022 / Cologne
- 26th IGDA Leadership Day 2022 / Helsinki. Call for speakers now.
- 13-14th October W Love Games
- Next Games & Netflix acquisition confirmed!
- Play Ventures won Investor of the Year Award at the Mobile Games Award!
- The revenue of Metacore is going UP from 2020: EUR 3,5 million to 2021 EUR 58 million. Supercell loan invested to UA, seems to speed up growth rapidly. Article in Finnish.
- Hill Climb Racing 3 incoming as Fingersoft closes in on 2bn total installs; multiple buyout offers refused
- China’s 8 months of game approval freeze has come to its end!
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.com
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Uratarinoita, erilaisista ihmisistä / mostly in Finnish, but few different career stories in English too
- Aalto Digital Creatives Art & Tech Open Call 2022 seeks audiovisual, design, gaming and other cutting-edge projects utilizing digitalization to fuel the creative industries. The winning applications receive development funding EUR 5 000 to 20 000 per project.
- New EU funding possibilities for gamedevs and their supporting organisations here
- Interesting material on environmental game design practices, created by IGDA Climate SIG.