Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 16/2022 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 22th April Games Gathering: Gamedev Under Bombs’ online event
- 26th April in LA and 27-28th April online GamesBeat Summit. Check ticket code here.
- 27-29th April Games Job Fair
- 11th May concert by Game Music Collective
- 17th May Bit1 Final
- 17-20th May Nordic Game Conference
- 24-28th Aug 2022 Gamescom 2022 / Cologne
- 26th IGDA Leadership Day 2022 / Helsinki. Call for speakers now.
- 13-14th October W Love Games
- Dreamloop Games! has signed a high six-figure($USD) publishing deal to get out their first own-IP game.
- EGDF & Neogames Finland released Play To Earn discussion paper
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.com
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Uratarinoita, erilaisista ihmisistä / mostly in Finnish, but few different career stories in English too
- Aalto Digital Creatives Art & Tech Open Call 2022 seeks audiovisual, design, gaming and other cutting-edge projects utilizing digitalization to fuel the creative industries. The winning applications receive development funding EUR 5 000 to 20 000 per project. The deadline for project applications is on Monday 2.5.2022
- New EU funding possibilities for gamedevs and their supporting organisations here
- Remedy is making sustainability online survey, considering diversity, equality, inclusion and well-being as the cornerstones of high-quality work and success. You can participate in the survey until April 29th.
- Games Gathering: Gamedev uder bombs, virtual event about about how our colleagues in Ukraine are managing the situation there.
- Another update to Virtual Hunter which fixes several major issues, improves animal behavior and tracking, adjusted weapon stabilization and much, much more!