Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 23/2021 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 12-16 July PGC London 2021
- 17th July Info Session: Scaling Hong Kong to Nordics – A Market Opportunity for Creative Digital Entertainment & Games By Finnish Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong
- 19th-23rd of July GDC 2021
- 18th June Game Development and Africa Gaming Market. By the year 2050, African youth with the age of under 24 years old would increase by about 50% causing boom in gaming and game development.
- 28th Sept – 1st Oct PGC Helsinki 2021
- 14-15th October W Love Games
Neogames has published brand new Finnish Game Industry report! The full report can be found at www.playfinland.fi
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- Hideyuki Shima a Japanese anime/movie/game/ theater composer made a showreel of his skills. PM him, if you need his services.
- Dodreams is hiring:
- Server Developer,
- Community Content Creator
- Financial Specialist roles
- GamePro by Saranen is looking for companies to a recruitment round starting in late August/early September! For more information, contact Arja Martikainen or Tommi Ohtonen or buy online.
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.com
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- At Absolute Dev would like to understand a little bit better how developers are experiencing current solutions on a UI solution for game engines and how much there is demand for alternative UI solutions. So, therefore, they made a short survey and we would be really grateful if you would have a few minutes to answer the survey(Multiple persons from the same studio can send their answer).
MindSeize is getting its physical release on Nintendo Switch!Pre-orders start this Saturday.
- Joint venture with Tampere Game Hub; Pärnu Games Incubator runs 5.7.2021 – 27.8.2021 and includes acclaimed mentors from all over the game industry. Sign up – deadline is June 30th!
Digi & Game Center was Awarded by The Central Finland’s Chamber of Commerce’s Digitalisation and New Business -committee as The Digitalisation Act of the year 2020.
- Living Game Intelligence Network released a funding path for game developers
- Neogames released a latest update of the Study regarding China, Japan and South Korean Games Market
- Platonic Partnership Oy did a communication strategy implementation game for the city of Vaasa. The game was aimed to all over 4000 employees of City of Vaasa.
- US game talent, Finland wants you (and is a game-changing place to live in, incl. your family)!
- Sataedu is starting a new education program for game development. One-year long professional education is targeted to those who already have some experience in the industry. Studying can be done alongside work. Applications with portfolio by the end of July and school starts in October. Education is in Finnish. Online possibility too. Applications and more info from email@example.com
- Rehaboo is approaching Senior citizens at Josefiinakoti in Turku, Finland