Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine weeks 31-32/2022 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 17th August; Team Finland USA Games Industry Gathering by Team Finland. Ping Zsuzsa James for the password
- 24-28th Aug 2022 Gamescom 2022 / Cologne
- 7th September OVER 7 HILLS – Game Day by HIVE at The HIVE – Turku Game Hub: Call for speakers and teams to join Showroom
- 26th September IGDA Leadership Day 2022 / Helsinki. Call for speakers now.
- 27-28 Sept. Pocket Gamer Connects Helsinki: Get 20% off your tickets when you use code: PlayFinland20
- 13-14th October W Love Games: tickets for conference are available
- 19-22 Oct. Gamescom Asia/Singapore
- Join to Nordic booth on Gamescom Asia. Book your place now before they are all gone! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest. You will receive more details on how you can be a part of this. https://gamescom.asia/
- 1-30th November Free City of Games / Kouvola: Idea call/applying until 1st of October.
- 3rd-4th November Game Connection Europe / Paris
- 17th-18th Slush Helsinki
Open jobs & Recruitment:
Juha Pelkonen is asking if anyone would be interested in a gig; “The customer is starting to develop an English language learning game for 4 – 6 years old. Anyone here with actual experience in game development for such early age? Rat-out a friend if you can think of someone interested.”
- Markus Lappalainen works as a composer and would very much like to get foot into the game design scene in Finland. Check soundcloud here. Send DM or an email to email@example.com.
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.com. Additionally, here is an anonymous list of talents who joined our Games Job Fair event and are open to career opportunities. If you want to see someone’s full profile, please feel free to reach out with the Contact button, so that they reach out to the talent for their consent. In your email please specify the project and/or position you are hiring for. A job description would be ideal.
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Uratarinoita, erilaisista ihmisistä / mostly in Finnish, but few different career stories in English too
- WINGS Invests in indie games made by women and diverse teams. Their investment decisions are driven by a selection committee of outstanding game developers that are representative of the strength and diversity of the industry.
- New EU funding possibilities for gamedevs and their supporting organisations
- Mikko Happo ponders how to modify their game Pro Pilkki regarding to current situation of Russian war in Ukraine.
- Annakaisa Kultima asks how many of the community members of PlayFinland that work full time in game companies also do traditional visual arts, such as paintings or photography?
- Capital of Game Art is looking for game art and game related activity proposals for the Free City of Games event held in November at Kouvola. Whether it be a game art exhibition, game demonstration, game jam or fan art inspired by games, everything is welcomed! The proposals can be made by game professionals, artists and students as well as by players or organizations. See the instructions and make your proposal by October 1st, 2022!
- Jenny Tirkkonen developed Awesome Animal Candy Factory together with Jaakko Lindvall for Assembly Gamedev Competition
- Virtual Hunter announced Virtual Hunters’s next animal, Pheasant!
- Triple Take coming to Steam on October 6th. Also, the official trailer is revealed.
- Stadin AO agreed to host Theme Park. A digital art rally (2022:)
- Get to know the billion(s)-dollar Finnish games industry and where it’s heading (Finnish Game Industry turnover surpassed €3 Billion mark in 2021 and is estimated to be near €3,2 Billion in 2021)