Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine weeks 44&45/2022 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 16 November Match XR
- 17th-18th Slush Helsinki
- 26-27 November Theme Park. A digital art event
- 30 November Education for Game Industry Harassment contact persons
- 7th December “Your First Steps in Unreal Engine” workshop
- 18 – 21 April 2023 GamiFIN Conference. The call for papers is now open! Submission Deadline: December 20th, 2022
- Highest taxpayers in Finland comes from games industry.
- BIT ODD comes out of stealth and raises €5m Seed round to build games filled with wonder, weirdness and delight.
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- Looking for jobs:
- Matti Ollila is looking for a job as a digital marketer, but interested in also influencer marketing, social media marketing, google marketing, community manager and SEO/ASO-related positions
- 10tons is looking for a Platform Programmer. Here are the details
- Empires Not Vampires Entertainment Ltd has several open positions:
- Junior Unity Developer
- Unity Developer
- Senior Unity Game Developer
- Marketing Manager
- Kuusema is cooking cool stuff and soon we will need more experienced people to join the cult. No official positions are open yet, but you can reach Kimmo Kari if you want to hear more. You better be a veteran who loves this kind of stuff to join this cult.
- Gamecan in Pärnu, Estonia, is looking for economy/monetization designer.
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.com. Additionally, here is an anonymous list of talents who joined our Games Job Fair event and are open to career opportunities. If you want to see someone’s full profile, please feel free to reach out with the Contact button, so that they reach out to the talent for their consent. In your email please specify the project and/or position you are hiring for. A job description would be ideal.
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Uratarinoita, erilaisista ihmisistä / mostly in Finnish, but few different career stories in English too
- Early worm released on Steam!
- Studio Mankeli has released Casually Cultured on Google Play
- Bonus Stage Publishing released on Steam the Shadow of the Guild by French developers Guild Studio.
Neogames released best Practices for Young Start-ups to Rise Private Investments: A Case Study for the City of HelsinkiSee also flowchart related
- In case you have missed Neogames Asia (Updated Games Market Study – China, Japan and South Korean Market) report released on July.
- Creative Europe: support programme for Europe’s cultural and creative sectors 2021-2027. Deadline for applications is on 1st March.
Timo Ylikangas asks What are the current or incoming AI tools to support game development?
- Frank Keienburg, Brawl Stars Game Lead, on Supercellian culture and what other platforms can learn from mobile
- Aalto University invites you to participate in game-related AI image generator research! If you want to participate, please email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rehaboo gamifies welfares (article in Finnish)
- Solip Park‘s comic series about international game devs is coming back!
- Dreamloop explains why it is expensive to get your favorite game in your console (article in Finnish)
- Rovio has 10 new games in the pipeline, and a cross-platform Angry Birds is one of them
- W Love Games is building the library of free gamedev resources, which will include recordings of all our events also from the previous conferences!
- New update for Virtual Hunter is live! More realistic deer animations, new behaviors, reworked 3D audio and much more
- Dodreams CEO Erik Pöntiskoski tells us in Pocket Gamer Biz how his gaming studio has embraced in-play ad formats, and why mobile games are the perfect place for advertisers to connect with their audience.