Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 47/2022 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 26-27 November Theme Park. A digital art event
- 26th November Tuikesankarit (description in Finnish; Erityisesti teini-ikäisille ja pelaajille suunniteltu näytelmä hurmaa ja jännittää. Kuka voittaa Tuikemaailman herruuden ja minkä pelihahmon menneisyydestä löytyy kupruja?)
- 30 November Education for Game Industry Harassment contact persons
- 2th December; Tampere University Game Research Lab 20 years celebration. Register for coffee service by Monday 21 November.
- 7th December “Your First Steps in Unreal Engine” workshop
- 13th December IGDA Finland Helsinki meetup sponsored by Rovio
- 18 – 21 April 2023 GamiFIN Conference. The call for papers is now open! Submission Deadline: December 20th, 2022
- Neogames Finland has put together a checklist for any game studio to use to reduce their carbon dioxide emissions.
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- Beiz is looking for business lead / co founder (add in Finnish)
- Gamecan is looking for an Associate Art Director / Pärnu
- KAMK is looking for a full-time Project Manager to PELIKAN project which aims to create new international curriculum for game development (Bachelor and Masters). The application is only in Finnish and the position requires both English and Finnish.
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.com. Additionally, here is an anonymous list of talents who joined our Games Job Fair event and are open to career opportunities. If you want to see someone’s full profile, please feel free to reach out with the Contact button, so that they reach out to the talent for their consent. In your email please specify the project and/or position you are hiring for. A job description would be ideal.
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Uratarinoita, erilaisista ihmisistä / mostly in Finnish, but few different career stories in English too
📃Reports released earlier;
- Neogames has released Finnish Game Industry Policy recommendations. The three key steps the new government should take to support the local games industry:
– Success is built on talent– Success is built on the courage to take steps into unknown– Success is built on cooperation
- Neogames released best Practices for Young Start-ups to Rise Private Investments: A Case Study for the City of Helsinki
- See also flowchart related
- In case you have missed Neogames Asia (Updated Games Market Study – China, Japan and South Korean Market) report released on July.
- Creative Europe: support programme for Europe’s cultural and creative sectors 2021-2027. Deadline for applications is on 1st March.
- Annakaisa Kultima wishes everyone welcomed to visit the Kumma Gallery (at Helsinki’s Punavuori, Kankurinkatu 5) and its first ever art exhibition “Artists of Play”. The gallery is open first time to the public today at 14:00-18:00 and once per week on Fridays (14-18) until 16th December with this exhibition.
- Digi & Game Center makes 2022 Game Industry Alumni search survey for Jyväskylä, Central Finland
- Solip’s Comic new episode; Is there anyone still having a decent work-life remotely at home?
- Kick Motion produce many kinds of props and 3D Arts, check what they can do.