Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 48/2022 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 7th December “Your First Steps in Unreal Engine” workshop
- 7th December IGDA Rovaniemi Hub’s December meetup!
- 13th December IGDA Finland Helsinki meetup sponsored by Rovio
- 18 – 21 April 2023 GamiFIN Conference. The call for papers is now open! Submission Deadline: December 20th, 2022
- Curious about what Noice is building? Maybe joining the team? Join an exclusive Noice demo on December 7th! Sign up here.
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- Empires Not Vampires Entertainment Ltd is looking for a Unity Developer. They have headquarter in Oulu +Helsinki office will be opening in a few months +If you’re from elsewhere, there might be still options!
- Swedish mobile game publisher and developer G5 Entertainment AB has several open positions in Sweden.
- Baltic Explorers is offering Game Dev Talentpool platform that is connecting game development talents from all over the world. The platform has been made part of the Baltic Explorers project and is free for everyone!
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.com. Additionally, here is an anonymous list of talents who joined our Games Job Fair event and are open to career opportunities. If you want to see someone’s full profile, please feel free to reach out with the Contact button, so that they reach out to the talent for their consent. In your email please specify the project and/or position you are hiring for. A job description would be ideal.
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Uratarinoita, erilaisista ihmisistä / mostly in Finnish, but few different career stories in English too
- Creative Europe: support programme for Europe’s cultural and creative sectors 2021-2027. Deadline for applications is on 1st March.
📃Reports released earlier:
- Neogames has released Finnish Game Industry Policy recommendations. The three key steps the new government should take to support the local games industry:
– Success is built on talent– Success is built on the courage to take steps into unknown– Success is built on cooperation
- Neogames released best Practices for Young Start-ups to Rise Private Investments: A Case Study for the City of Helsinki
- See also flowchart related
- In case you have missed Neogames Asia (Updated Games Market Study – China, Japan and South Korean Market) report released on July.
- Annakaisa Kultima wishes everyone welcomed to visit the Kumma Gallery (at Helsinki’s Punavuori, Kankurinkatu 5) and its first ever art exhibition “Artists of Play”. The gallery is open first time to the public today at 14:00-18:00 and once per week on Fridays (14-18) until 16th December with this exhibition.
- Tuomas Roininen and Alistair Dunn ask if any game career is missing from their list.
- Miika Koskela in Finnish if you have faced discrimination or harassment at game industry or in gaming
- Janne Rautianen Thanks for donations and loans, which makes possible that The Finnish Museum of Games now has all the physical releases of N-Gage -games published in Europe
Solip’s Comic new episode; expact’s life experiences in Finland since the war in Ukraine began
- Kick Motion provides various versions of Viking shields and other assets for unreal engine.
- VR hunting simulator Virtual Hunter is 15% off during Steam autumn sale!