Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 50/2022 from the Finnish Game Industry and will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out the previous post here.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
- 23-24th January Pocket Gamer Connects London
- use the code PlayFinland20 for 20% off tickets.
- 18 – 21 April 2023 GamiFIN Conference. The call for papers is now open! Submission Deadline: December 20th, 2022
Open jobs & Recruitment:
- Empires Not Vampires Entertainment is looking for:
– Marketing Manager
– Senior Unity Developer
– Unity Developer
– Junior Unity Developer
If there is not your skills role listed, you can also send open application
- Baltic Explorers is offering Game Dev Talentpool platform that is connecting game development talents from all over the world. The platform has been made part of the Baltic Explorers project and is free for everyone!
- If you are looking for talented games industry professionals for short- or long-term hire – please check out the anonymous GameDevTalents board with screened and pre-interviewed talents ranging from mid to senior levels of experience and open to career opportunities. Feel free to reach out for details! And if you are Talent working in games industry or willing to join the Finnish games industry, feel free to apply https://gamedevtalents.com. Additionally, here is an anonymous list of talents who joined our Games Job Fair event and are open to career opportunities. If you want to see someone’s full profile, please feel free to reach out with the Contact button, so that they reach out to the talent for their consent. In your email please specify the project and/or position you are hiring for. A job description would be ideal.
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Uratarinoita, erilaisista ihmisistä / mostly in Finnish, but few different career stories in English too
- Creative Europe: support programme for Europe’s cultural and creative sectors 2021-2027. Deadline for applications is on 1st March.
📃Neogames reports released this year:
- Neogames has released Finnish Game Industry Policy recommendations. The three key steps the new government should take to support the local games industry:
– Success is built on talent– Success is built on the courage to take steps into unknown– Success is built on cooperation
- Neogames released best Practices for Young Start-ups to Rise Private Investments: A Case Study for the City of Helsinki
- See also flowchart related
- In case you have missed Neogames Asia (Updated Games Market Study – China, Japan and South Korean Market) report released on July.
Patrick Milvi is looking for some advice to pass on to peeps who are interested in working in games in the future and the best tips young adult interested in working in the gaming industry?
- Test and play games made at teams in Jamk BIT TCDL2022
- Check out Kick Motion’s CRYPTO MAYHEN play.cryptomayhem.io
- Digi & Game Center has have some rooms available for companies from the beginning of January 1.1.2023
- Solip’s Comic’s new episode; Worker’s protection is an important topic in the Finnish game industry